*** Are YOU A THIEF? Florida law 705.102 ***

Florida got really bitter since Mel Fisher found all that shipwreck stuff and lost the lawsuit. If Florida goes that route with Metal Detecting and stuff then what are all the old people gonna do down there (Retirement State). Not everyone likes to golf.

I don't care if the item has a serial number on it or not. Who is to say the origional purchacer didn't sell it and has NO idea who they sold it to?

So they get contacted and say yes its mine and get it back. Could have got an insurance settlement on it also.

SO NOBODY knows all the TRUE facts surrounding ANYTHING they find. Calling someoby a thief because they found something is going a bit EXTREME. Even if they decide to sell it.

Laws vary from state to state. In some states its legal to keep EVERYTHING. In others its legal depending on where you find it. NOBODY here has the right to judge.

Another example. In some states its totally legal for a guy who is 60 to have consentual sex with a 16yr old. In others its completly illegal. (Michigan it is legal) And in some states it's legal to marry your cousin.

LAWS vary from state to state and NOBODY has the right to judge anyone. You do what you feel is right and we all move along.

All I am saying is lets not judge each other for what we do. Lets leave that up to the law where ever you live.

There are STUPID laws EVERYWHERE. Illegal laws also. That is why some get repealed.

I don't care if the item has a serial number on it or not. Who is to say the original purchaser didn't sell it and has NO idea who they sold it to?

So they get contacted and say yes its mine and get it back. Could have got an insurance settlement on it also.

SO NOBODY knows all the TRUE facts surrounding ANYTHING they find. Calling somebody a thief because they found something is going a bit EXTREME. Even if they decide to sell it.

Laws vary from state to state. In some states its legal to keep EVERYTHING. In others its legal depending on where you find it. NOBODY here has the right to judge.

Another example. In some states its totally legal for a guy who is 60 to have consensual sex with a 16yr old. In others its completely illegal. (Michigan it is legal) And in some states it's legal to marry your cousin.

LAWS vary from state to state and NOBODY has the right to judge anyone. You do what you feel is right and we all move along.

All I am saying is lets not judge each other for what we do. Lets leave that up to the law where ever you live.

There are STUPID laws EVERYWHERE. Illegal laws also. That is why some get repealed.

Pretty much sums it all up! Attorneys will be glad to take your money and look into it...

everything I find is what I've lost in previous lives... can't get in trouble if it was mine to begin with! ;)

... Attorneys will be glad to take your money and look into it...

It's my understanding that the OP's lawyer didn't cost anything. It's a company perk at his job that consultations with the Co's lawyer. Or that there's subscription services where.... for an annual fee (a company perk?) you have an 800# and membership #, where you can yaw away (perhaps a given # of hours per year) in legal consultations, document reviews, and so forth.

My company subscribes to such a service too, for a small monthly subscription fee.

NOTE: Not that the answers change anything. I think we're ALL going to go by actual reality (ie.: "does anyone really care?"), not technicalities. But .... it is an interesting concept, since being law-abiding, is something that comes up a lot on forums.

Everyone

is a :pirate2:, can I get back all the cash uncle Sam took out of my pocket :?: and never get money taken again, No , they just take more, this is the land of the free, more laws , less freedom, not good, the :( thing is we will have to fight for wrights, down the road, Earl

Back
Top Bottom