Museum of Aviation

ugadigger

Elite Member
If you’re ever near Robins Air Force Base, you must take a look at this great museum! Free of charge and you will see tons of beautiful planes from the 1900s! I’m sure some of the people here have actually flown on some of them! Here are a few pics from my trip.
3fd776776ca8e83becca97fa764b626c.jpg

cc8acb688399b9b269a46e63623b771b.jpg

208d26f0395691e46f7ffeebad72481f.jpg

3fe5c7f025386222599ebd9d4847d34e.jpg

15c7ebe12312406195dfa27158ad28a6.jpg

8de8fc72e5434f62ee2c0f130f3051ee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neat !!!!

I worked on the electronics of the F4 Phantom jets when in the Navy, after finishing my advanced training I also had flown on a C130 cargo plane across the Atlantic ocean to catch up with my ship (aircraft carrier) over in the Med, sat on a cargo net the whole way, the "deluxe" lunch was a box lunch with a dry turkey sandwich, carton of milk, orange and a twinkie for dessert :lol:

Neat !!!!

I worked on the electronics of the F4 Phantom jets when in the Navy, after finishing my advanced training I also had flown on a C130 cargo plane across the Atlantic ocean to catch up with my ship (aircraft carrier) over in the Med, sat on a cargo net the whole way, the "deluxe" lunch was a box lunch with a dry turkey sandwich, carton of milk, orange and a twinkie for dessert :lol:

That’s cool story and thanks for your service! I didn’t want to spoil the experience for anyone but these pics barely do the museum justice. I’ve been to the smithsonian and this still wowed me.

We went to the one with the space capsule Apollo and Wright Bros on the mall.

That’s cool story and thanks for your service! I didn’t want to spoil the experience for anyone but these pics barely do the museum justice. I’ve been to the smithsonian and this still wowed me.

Thanks and I can appreciate what you mean, some things seeing in person there is much more of a "wow" factor than seeing a pic. It has been a really long time but I have been to the Smithsonian, both as a kid on a elementary school trip, and later after I got married, lots of neat stuff to see !

Along the same lines, check out Dayton, Ohio. You get The National Museum of the Air Force, and the Wright Brothers museum. Dayton was their hometown and there are various sites related to them.

https://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/

https://www.daytonhistory.org/visit/things-to-see-do/wright-brothers-national-museum/

Thanks for the link! These places are often unknown and unappreciated because they are right there in our backyard. I’m amazed when a New Yorker tells me they’ve never been to Liberty Island. I’ve been guilty of overlooking the obvious too!

It just so happens, I'm going over to the Yankee Air Museum today. They got in a couple of birds I haven't seen yet.

Here are a few pics from a previous visit. Some were taken in the maintenance hanger, and some in the restoration building.

vVVmvi9.jpg

qlYeyKm.jpg

2XFDQcW.jpg

IKj3vjZ.jpg

6DxwMw3.jpg

jF3j1zI.jpg

tfK2e8t.jpg

It just so happens, I'm going over to the Yankee Air Museum today. They got in a couple of birds I haven't seen yet.

Here are a few pics from a previous visit. Some were taken in the maintenance hanger, and some in the restoration building.

]
Those are great birds. Until yesterday I didn’t realize Air Force was once a part of the Army. It’s amazing how little American history is known by the average citizen! We have reminders all around us in great exhibits but unfortunately few care about such treasures.

Great thread and pics Ugadigger, thanks.

...... I also had flown on a C130 cargo plane across the Atlantic ocean to catch up with my ship (aircraft carrier) over in the Med, sat on a cargo net the whole way, the "deluxe" lunch was a box lunch with a dry turkey sandwich, carton of milk, orange and a twinkie for dessert :lol:

Ha, the Air Force sure knows how to spoil you.! I heard of 1st class and coach but what class was that, cargo?

Very cool. We went to the National Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola a couple of years ago. Amazing aircraft.

Great thread and pics Ugadigger, thanks.

Ha, the Air Force sure knows how to spoil you.! I heard of 1st class and coach but what class was that, cargo?

:laughing: even though I was in the Navy I had to get the C130 cargo plane out of Andrews Air Force base, and yes, I guess sitting on a cargo net all the way across the Atlantic ocean maybe made it "cargo class" ? :laughing:
:takeoff:

Back
Top Bottom