Automax V4 versus ProPointer

banspy

Elite Member
I'd like to get some real user reviews who have used or use these instruments in the field. Pros / cons, durability, that kind of stuff. I was fortunate to have used a propointer for a short time while my buddy was out of town and liked it but only got a short time with it so I really couldnt put it through its paces.

Here's a video I found awhile back that will show both products air testing.

I use the PP exclusively and it's worth every penny. The Automax is a backup but comes in handy when I'm in a stream. :D

I don't know if this forum allows posts long enough to say all the ways that the Pro-Pointer is better. Just trust me that it is worth it! :lol:

I have a propointer a pistol probe a v4 automax and a whites somthing or another

the pistol probe or the propointer are the ONLY ones worth owning
I have gotten 2 V4's from Kellyco for free with my detectors i have purchased from them
I wouldnt bother to mail you a V4 for free thats how useless they are
not bashing Kellyco for giving them away for free
but I will bash them for selling them there junk

I'd like to get some real user reviews who have used or use these instruments in the field. Pros / cons, durability, that kind of stuff. I was fortunate to have used a propointer for a short time while my buddy was out of town and liked it but only got a short time with it so I really couldnt put it through its paces.

The Pro Pointer is still on our forum secret sale page:

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/offers/kellyco_discounts.php

Another vote for the Propointer. It fits the hand better, it's not as long as a sword and the holster is versatile. Definitely worth the investment, save your pennies!

I have a Vibra Probe 570, ProPointer, V4, and a Cen-Tech that I'm going to do a video comparison review of when I get back on land from work.

I can say that all 4 work.. but really it comes down to durability and youre preference on how it alerts you and waht type of "depth" you want out of apinpointer.

My V-4 lasted all of 3 months and gave me nothing but trouble before that. Even just paying the shipping cost was paying too much for this piece of crap. Then bought a Pro-Pointer from a competitor and two years later it is still going strong and it has been dropped, immersed, coated in mud, you name it and for $109 it is more than worth every penny of it. If it were to quit tomorrow, I'd buy another one in a heartbeat!

Didn't

Didn't Luke Skywalker use the Auto Max when he fought Darth Vader in Star Wars? The Pro pointer or the Sun Ray probe. All the others will frustrate you.

Back
Top Bottom