1400,s Dagger Chape

simonthesearcher

Forum Supporter
Its the top part of the handle,sadly broken but at least this piece is saved.

Attachments

• Dagger chape 1400,s.JPG
    Dagger chape 1400,s.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 352
It is just unbelievable (although I believe..:D ) the finds you guys make over there... I need to go there MD'ing sometime... have been on business several times, before I got into the hobby. RickO

I don't quite understand - I looked up chape and it says it's the protective housing for the blade point at the end of a sheath. What do you mean by handle ? Neat old history - sure puts our little 100 years in the shade :) Steve in so az

I don't quite understand - I looked up chape and it says it's the protective housing for the blade point at the end of a sheath. What do you mean by handle ? Neat old history - sure puts our little 100 years in the shade :) Steve in so az

Hrrrmm...*clears throat* I believe we have history since 1770s, for coins at least. :lol: Just had to defend our coin-dom history.

Way to go Simon! I love what you find! HH
NC

NC - Not if you lived around here in the west :) 160 years ago we belonged to Mexico. Steve in so az

Chape,top aprt and bottom part.Its a protective part of the knife.Top part protects the handle,bottom part protects the point of the blade

Back
Top Bottom