DF Minor Material Failure. Ideas on How to Fix.

Scubacat

Elite Member
My DF turned ten years old this spring. No wonder some parts just disintegrate. See the photo. Has anybody ever had this issue? Does anyone know a civilized solution for the problem? I have not been in touch with White's yet. Thanks beforehand.

Attachments

• IMG_0122s.jpg
    IMG_0122s.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 600
Maybe replace them with a better set of shells...gut the originals and transfer over to the new shells.

I am a bit reluctant to disassemble anything. Most likely I will not be able to make it waterproof to go into the water or dive.

I am a bit reluctant to disassemble anything. Most likely I will not be able to make it waterproof to go into the water or dive.

You better call them soon if they are still answering phones... You might have to do an Earl Shives on it :yes:

The shell snaps apart

A thin screw driver below the drain hole. Remove the broken one and soap up a new lug.....back in business. The lugs are available for a buck each... buy four as the other side will break soon always keep spares. Phil meyers should stock them

Thank you, guys. KENNE-BILL even gave me a repair instructions link and the site to buy the parts from. I am trying White's first. We'll see.

If all else fails

Warren's repair center Freeport Florida.

Fast service and very helpful to everyone

18508353344 opens 9 am central time

Just talked to White's. Jack from "Orders" still answers the phone. Unfortunately, they do not have those sliders I am looking for in stock, because of the supplier issues. Ordered them from Centre Ville Electronics. Thanks again for all your advices and recommendations, guys.

My DF turned ten years old this spring. No wonder some parts just disintegrate. See the photo. Has anybody ever had this issue? Does anyone know a civilized solution for the problem? I have not been in touch with White's yet. Thanks beforehand.

That is an easy fix. You can go to Centerville Electronics website and order a set of sliders for the DF headphones. There is a video on the website showing you how to do the repair. No need to send in to whites. Cost is nominal. i just had the same thing happen to me and i was able to fix it myself. Very easy. Centerville Electronics is White's east coast repair center. They still do repairs if needed.

That is an easy fix. You can go to Centerville Electronics website and order a set of sliders for the DF headphones. There is a video on the website showing you how to do the repair. No need to send in to whites. Cost is nominal. i just had the same thing happen to me and i was able to fix it myself. Very easy. Centerville Electronics is White's east coast repair center. They still do repairs if needed.

Thanks. I am waiting for the shipment from Centerville now. The shipping is about 2 times the price of spares though. But I have no choice.

I would try JB weld plastic bonder, if you have all the pieces.

You cannot have all the pieces in this case. The "bridges" pop and go so that you do not even notice. But before I was told about those spares from Centreville, I was thinking about some glue. JB weld plastic bonder is an option for the future when they run out of White's spares. Thanks.

Last edited:
You cannot have all the pieces in this case. The "bridges" pop and go so that you do not even notice. But before I was told about those spares from Centreville, I was thinking about some glue. JB weld plastic bonder is an option for the future when they run out of White's spares. Thanks.

If spares do run out there is the option to buy a complete earmuff and chop it up to remove the slider pieces - https://www.deltapluscorp.com/en_US...uff-valuemuff/p/WELHB25_/ST15/53196/545/53208

I tried emailing the manufacturer a couple of times about purchasing just the sliders but received no replies.

If spares do run out there is the option to buy a complete earmuff and chop it up to remove the slider pieces - https://www.deltapluscorp.com/en_US...uff-valuemuff/p/WELHB25_/ST15/53196/545/53208

I tried emailing the manufacturer a couple of times about purchasing just the sliders but received no replies.

Those Centreville guys took my order for the sliders no problem, but we are still working on shipping. As for the manufacturer I was told by White's they could not get the spares from the manufacturer either. So you are not alone.

Back
Top Bottom