sometimes "treasure" is right in front of your face...

StPetePaulie

finds.jpg

So doesn't look like 2 hours worth of detecting on the beach....but it really was. I was pretty disappointed by 46 cents in clad and whatever that metal doo hickey was.......then I found a name on it, "shubb"....and then I realized that it is a capo....a pretty good one too ! So....I guess treasure sometimes doesn't sparkle or grab your attention.....it just sits there waiting to be recognized. anyways....now I have a new capo for my guitar and I didn't expect to get that today...so....woo hoo !capo on guitar.jpg

So doesn't look like 2 hours worth of detecting on the beach....but it really was. I was pretty disappointed by 46 cents in clad and whatever that metal doo hickey was......

Ha. I have that exact capo sitting on my desk in front of me. It is a good one!

Develop that left hand and play full bar chords and go Chuck Berry with that geetar.

Develop that left hand and play full bar chords and go Chuck Berry with that geetar.

I have developed it over the years. Now I'm 57 and have tennis elbow so bar chords are mostly out of the question I had never even considered using a capo until recently and only when I'm playing with a group of friends that have a piece which specifies a capo. Its all good though cause I write my own stuff and I can just find alternatives to bar chords. Also who is Chuck Berry? :laughing:

Thats a quality capo. Nice find.
As for cowboy chords. barre chords, extended chords and all the triad inversions somtimes that little trick you need is a capo!
Certain songs just sound better like Here Comes the Sun by the Beatles or Landslide by Fleetwood Mac.
Any technique, or tool to get you playing!!

You're just a kid, I'm 69.

Keeps the arthritis away.

You might be right about that. I can still play barre chords on my strat witbout too much elbow pain but on my acoustic it is strictly open chords and pickin and grinnin'... Hopefully it gets better at some point.

View attachment 467703

So doesn't look like 2 hours worth of detecting on the beach....but it really was. I was pretty disappointed by 46 cents in clad and whatever that metal doo hickey was.......then I found a name on it, "shubb"....and then I realized that it is a capo....a pretty good one too ! So....I guess treasure sometimes doesn't sparkle or grab your attention.....it just sits there waiting to be recognized. anyways....now I have a new capo for my guitar and I didn't expect to get that today...so....woo hoo !View attachment 467704

I've actually found two or three Capos over the years. Amazing what ends up in the grass at parks. :)

Sadly, I've found more than a half-dozen "dab" pens in the last 6 months. Wish there were more capos and less marry-jah-wanna pens out there.

Skippy

I've actually found two or three Capos over the years. Amazing what ends up in the grass at parks. :)

Sadly, I've found more than a half-dozen "dab" pens in the last 6 months. Wish there were more capos and less marry-jah-wanna pens out there.

Skippy

"dab" pens? Is that those cartridge looking things with threads on one end? Ive found several of those. One actually had "kush" written on it.

Back
Top Bottom