Two hunts in OCMD

Jonesey89

I know it’s not much to most of you beach hunters but I usually hunt farm houses and ball fields and am lucky to pull a silver coin here and there. I’ve only found one other sterling pendant before this. I was blessed to find 2 sterling rings yesterday. The rose gold plated one broke my heart though because it looked like my first gold ring in the scoop, but I’ll take silver any day! I also found the junk hoop earring and the Christmas wreath pendant. This morning I went out right at sunrise and found another Christmas pendant, a cute tiny little .925. I don’t know how long it takes but I’m assuming it was in the ocean for quite some time. And I found this small feather pendant that rang up a 3 to 4 on my 600 and is non magnetic but I’m not holding my breath. I am hoping to find my first beach gold though and plan on hitting it hard either in the mornings or the evenings! Thanks for looking and happy hunting. If you are in the area and see a fellow that looks to be in his 30s with a US flag on his hat swinging an equinox, don’t hesitate to say hello!

Attachments

• 0D96BAF6-53D7-4A0B-9353-48F33EA32F29.jpg
    0D96BAF6-53D7-4A0B-9353-48F33EA32F29.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 197
  • 7D88B358-D411-4271-A77B-28DAA7168619.jpg
    7D88B358-D411-4271-A77B-28DAA7168619.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 193
  • 37271256-2BB4-485B-AE99-DC89FA2CC1DF.jpg
    37271256-2BB4-485B-AE99-DC89FA2CC1DF.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 202
That's really good for Ocean City! I get text everyday from several friends who live there and so far this year there has been Zero gold rings found. So you did great..:yes:

Thank you! It’s amazing how much difference a year makes in learning your machine! Last year all I found was some clad and a boardwalk necklace! I had just transitioned from my Garrett to the Equinox and thought I had a good grip on my machine but I keep learning more about it each outing. And I keep digging the pull tabs, bottle caps and foil hoping for it! It’s sad how much trash is on the beach this year. I took my daughter down to play at the waters edge and had to avoid massive piles of pizza boxes, liquor bottles, beer cans and the like.

Thank you! It’s amazing how much difference a year makes in learning your machine! Last year all I found was some clad and a boardwalk necklace! I had just transitioned from my Garrett to the Equinox and thought I had a good grip on my machine but I keep learning more about it each outing. And I keep digging the pull tabs, bottle caps and foil hoping for it! It’s sad how much trash is on the beach this year. I took my daughter down to play at the waters edge and had to avoid massive piles of pizza boxes, liquor bottles, beer cans and the like.
Congrats
On the jewelry 👍 It's sad people don't pack out the trash! Especially the glass!

Good job on the jewelry. Looks like some recent drops. Dry sand ? If so , get in the wet. Trash like beer cans and pizza boxes to me are a good sign ! Bottles not so much because of the glass. But it still means drunk people running amuck losing goodies ! Keep at it...

I know it’s not much to most of you beach hunters but I usually hunt farm houses and ball fields and am lucky to pull a silver coin here and there. I’ve only found one other sterling pendant before this. I was blessed to find 2 sterling rings yesterday. The rose gold plated one broke my heart though because it looked like my first gold ring in the scoop, but I’ll take silver any day! I also found the junk hoop earring and the Christmas wreath pendant. This morning I went out right at sunrise and found another Christmas pendant, a cute tiny little .925. I don’t know how long it takes but I’m assuming it was in the ocean for quite some time. And I found this small feather pendant that rang up a 3 to 4 on my 600 and is non magnetic but I’m not holding my breath. I am hoping to find my first beach gold though and plan on hitting it hard either in the mornings or the evenings! Thanks for looking and happy hunting. If you are in the area and see a fellow that looks to be in his 30s with a US flag on his hat swinging an equinox, don’t hesitate to say hello!

Nice... now Surfmaster has no excuse that there is no gold there... we call him Mr.Goldslumpy around here :lol:

Thank you everyone! I forgot to say but most of my finds were in the wet sand, but I did get the bigger sterling ring right where the wet meets the dry. The city put wave breaking rock formations every so often, I don’t remember those being here before. It seems like there is some good stuff along the sides of those, probably in between them too if you could get to it!

Thank you everyone! I forgot to say but most of my finds were in the wet sand, but I did get the bigger sterling ring right where the wet meets the dry. The city put wave breaking rock formations every so often, I don’t remember those being here before. It seems like there is some good stuff along the sides of those, probably in between them too if you could get to it!
They were sanded in before...those have been there for years and years.

Back
Top Bottom