Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   River Team 6 Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Beach and Water Hunting

Notices

Old 07-21-2017, 12:00 PM
Supporter

I dont trust any pouch for my meager Gold/Plat finds!...Gold has a bad habit for sneaking away on people, no matter the pouch or carabiner thingy....So I simply swallow them whole and get them tomorrow at my leisure, utilizing the Wifes vegetable collander...all nice and shiny clean!.....Gold Hook earrings and large chains excluded of course for obvious reasons...

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.

Old 07-21-2017, 02:51 PM

I've been through about all of these... the elite pouch is nice but it drives me crazy, when you put it on tight like you must in the surf, it's very difficult to one handed insert a find, because they sewed up the whole length of the pouch to the belt! If you wear it loose, you have bit of wiggle room. I have 2, they're in my detector closet- top shelf. I've built a few, wore them out, then- on my last detector purchase KellyCo sent one of their 3 pocket mesh bags. It is my favorite- outer pocket for sunglasses (zippered), big main pocket and a tiny treasure pocket. I know some folks aren't crazy about the velcro, but after some use it is working quite well.

Old 07-21-2017, 08:22 PM
Elite Member

Dive belt, wraps around your waist, hold a lot of stuff and zips closed, its all I use

Old 09-05-2018, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by upena View post
This is the one I have used for the past 6 years. Zippers still work fine, water drains easily.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mesh-Finds-P...53.m2749.l2649
I am using this one for several years and have had pounds of fishing weights & sputniks it in. Its still going strong, zippers still work.
Highly recommend.