Pop Tart!

This is such a Rich Country! Theres money and food and clothes and gear laying around all over the place! I have heard of these people called "Freegans"...They sort of make a hobby or Sport of seeing if they go for a year without paying a nickel for food! Since 40% of all the food in this Country is thrown away, its not too hard of a stretch to figure it out when and where and be there....

Then theres a whole group of people that are Dumpster Divers, They have their own little routes they run just like a totlotter would...They make some pretty big money too...Its a Sport or Hobby that can turn into a business of sorts...Then theres the Trash Day curb runners....looking for anything of value set out on the curb...Of course as with our Sport, Location is Primary!

You can be flat asst nakid and broke, simply walk into a Goodwill and say you just got out of jail and have a job interview, and out you go looking sharp dressed in a 3 piece suit! On the House! Free! Complementary! Then, you can walk across the street to the Hampton Inn and have a free Continental breakfast! Use the computer! Log into the Forum! Take a swim if you like, If the desk kid asks, just say you are here to pick up a business associate! If you want, jump on the free Hampton shuttle bus to the Airport, hang around for a few hours in Arrivals, and haul luggage for people for cash tips! Ride it back to the Hampton in the evening for coffee and warm cookies!

Just no end to it! Free everything! If you feel like working, and have a few advanced skills, you can always go hang around in the plumbing or electrical section at the Home Depot!....some DIY will be along shortly that has a project/problem that needs a professional!:laughing:

Case in point, I was standing in line at the bank yesterday, and some Lady I was making weather chit chat with said her AC unit wont run, and that she could not find a repairman to come over and figure out what the deal was....after asking a few basic questions, I told her most likely some mice built a nest in there and nibbled the wires! She was amazed and said, "You know? There was a whole family of mice that built a nest in my cars air filter box!" I saved her $1000...

Like I said, I gotta start thinking about how to survive comfortably in retirement, unless I can strike up a spirited conversation with a really rich widow at the Airport, I'm gonna have to sharpen up the 'coyote skills' as a fall back plan!! :laughing:
Mud... you're a survivor. You will always find a way I'm pretty sure. You should open a school to teach the snowflakes that want everyone else to pay their way

Mudd.... you and Irons are a dying breed amigo... last American man style, nothing but a bunch of market shopping plushies these days, kinda saddening. I know there are still some hold out areas, so maybe there's a glimmer of hope.

I bet I could skin up a roadkill when shtf, or take some food from the park like that, but until shtf, I'm sticking to the grocery store :lol:

I guess as a hunter, that puts me in the middle? I won't eat a roadkill or a poptart found at the beach but I do hunt and fish for my own food.

Mud, you remind me of this crazy guy Fred that I went to college with. Fred love to suck em back and I remember on a camping trip back in Strawberry, AZ, we were catching fish from a creek. Fred was half in the bag and hungry so we told him we would get the fire going so we could eat in a couple hours. He wasn't having it, proceeded to start biting the heads off our fish and eating them....with a straight face.

Later that night he passed out next to the campfire so we took a pot of hot water and put his hand in it, then waited for him to pee himself. You sure you're not Fred? Wonder if that guy is still walking the earth.

Back
Top Bottom