Getting a grip on my relic hunting

7centsworth

Forum Supporter
Well Vise grips any way. This is a first for me. I guess some farmer lost these working on something or they fell off the tractor. It was a little windy yesterday but it sure was nice being out there in the nice weather. I gave my nel hunter coil a break and used my 9 inch 18.75 kHz coil on my xterra 70. I hadn't used it in a while. Man does it like the lead. I also found a chewd flat bullet. It actually looks like human teeth marks on it. I have found them that looked like an animal chewed on them.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 337
  • FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 314
  • FullSizeRender (3).jpg
    FullSizeRender (3).jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 315
  • FullSizeRender (4).jpg
    FullSizeRender (4).jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 326
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 317
Last edited:
Nice relic finds. I found a linesman pliers this fall. I put them in oil and started to clean them. Who knows if they work I'll drop them in the tool box.

Congrats on a great hunt! The flat piece of lead does look more like human teeth marks than animal. With all the shot bullets you find, are you hunting a skirmish or battle site?

Congrats on a great hunt! The flat piece of lead does look more like human teeth marks than animal. With all the shot bullets you find, are you hunting a skirmish or battle site?

It use to be a training camp in the early winter of the civil war.

Sweet finds. Still looking for CW artifacts in my area, I'm sure SOMEBODY passed through this region on their way to Gettysburg! Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom