Eagle hat pin? Help

tater

Elite Member
Going through some finds and found this over the summer. Any ideamm

Attachments

• IMG_20150109_114430_484.jpg
    IMG_20150109_114430_484.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 428
Man I have looked at three tons of pictures of eagle pins, but I just can't find yours. I would believe it to be military and old, but other than that I am lost. But I sure like it.:?:

Most military eagle pins (buttons, etc.) the eagle is holding something in its talons. However, my first guess would have been hat pin as well. I've looked through my sources and found nothing. It is a very cool find. Hope someone can help ID it.

Back is the same as the front. Its been stamped and is brass. This was in my scrap bucket covered in dried Mudd. Lol. Here is another bucket find.

Attachments

• IMG_20150109_182852_877.jpg
    IMG_20150109_182852_877.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 303
Wow tater! Cool finds. The eagle looks military to me. The second one kind of looks like the guy on sir Walter Raleigh tobacco cans :laughing:

My pin has been IDed as a war of 1812. There were troops in this area during that time. Had to email American Digger magazine for the answer. I emailed STUMPED and got the answer

My pin has been IDed as a war of 1812. There were troops in this area during that time. Had to email American Digger magazine for the answer. I emailed STUMPED and got the answer

did they provide any picture reference or link with their answer , Tater?

I talked to an author on hat pins. My pin is very early in the war and this one is rare. Guess you ts going into his new book because these are unheard of rare

Back
Top Bottom