6th Hunt of 2015 - Battle of the Briars

Dsm_mechva

Forum Supporter
Back at my same spot today, in the wooded area.

The land owner said I could clear briars, brush and etc.

So I brought my weed eater with brush cutter attachment it cuts briars , brush, saplings and etc like butter which is a good thing because they are everywhere in this particular area.

Did a little detecting in some of the area with the remainder of my day.

Next time I will have more detecting time and clear more land at another time. There are plenty more briars and such remaining.

Here are my 2 keepers..

DD1D8448-74FC-4369-A0CC-EF16344D5CFF_zpsefpun8h5.jpg

A6F9FBF7-7EAA-4880-AA41-5C7D5051A576_zpsxyeuo6z8.png

It's amazing what we will do to get to hunt Civil War relics. My partner and I have cleared a lot of places like that so we can hunt. We were mowing a field of briars and 3 foot high sage grass back in December and my John Deere 317 caught fire and burned to the ground. When it was all said and done I found one .58 cal Minie ball and a General Service Eagle button. Not quite worth the cost. LOL. Hope things work out for you and you find a bunch of goodies.

It's amazing what we will do to get to hunt Civil War relics. My partner and I have cleared a lot of places like that so we can hunt. We were mowing a field of briars and 3 foot high sage grass back in December and my John Deere 317 caught fire and burned to the ground. When it was all said and done I found one .58 cal Minie ball and a General Service Eagle button. Not quite worth the cost. LOL. Hope things work out for you and you find a bunch of goodies.

Last summer I push mowed the small field a few times that is part of his land, it was over 100 degrees each time.

It is pretty crazy what we all will do in hopes of finding relics.

Last edited:
You know I was thinking of doing that at one of my spots. Hey that put a couple more finds in your collection. Nice going.

It was somewhat therapeutic too :lol:
Make sure you use a brush cutter blade/attachment.

I didn't have time to detect much of the area I cleared, planning to try that tomorrow, then next time clear some more and so on.

Heck yea, buddy! I would gladly do some brush clearing at a place that has relics, to be able to hunt it. Get you into shape to dig those plates :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom