gotta like it when they come to you!

007tallguy

Elite Member
i was out detecting at a small public beach yesterday, finding the odd coin here and there (and lots of trash of course).
after about an hour or so, i see a gentleman walking along this little beach right towards me, cup of coffee in his hand. he comes right to me and asks me if "that thing will find steel/iron pipe?"
turns out he owns the neighboring property (small private beach there as well) and there's a drain pipe from his basement running down the hillside to the edge of the shore. we've had a ton of rain lately and the water which seeped into his basement (1880's house!) isn't draining all that fast. storms over the winter have pushed sand up the bank and plugged off the end of the pipe.
lots of junk targets in the ground around that area, but from the signals i was getting, and the water seeping out of the bank, i narrowed it down to a small area where his pipe should be. ;)
he then gives me permission to search along his shoreline, mentioning that there will be lots of iron (nails) there from boat building/repair years ago but he also gives me the go-ahead to search his property up the hill around his house!! :D
hoping to do this property this coming weekend! knowing the general history of this area, this one should have some great potential!
i was in the right place at the right time! :thumbsup:

Pete

i was out detecting at a small public beach yesterday, finding the odd coin here and there (and lots of trash of course).
after about an hour or so, i see a gentleman walking along this little beach right towards me, cup of coffee in his hand. he comes right to me and asks me if "that thing will find steel/iron pipe?"
turns out he owns the neighboring property (small private beach there as well) and there's a drain pipe from his basement running down the hillside to the edge of the shore. we've had a ton of rain lately and the water which seeped into his basement (1880's house!) isn't draining all that fast. storms over the winter have pushed sand up the bank and plugged off the end of the pipe.
lots of junk targets in the ground around that area, but from the signals i was getting, and the water seeping out of the bank, i narrowed it down to a small area where his pipe should be. ;)
he then gives me permission to search along his shoreline, mentioning that there will be lots of iron (nails) there from boat building/repair years ago but he also gives me the go-ahead to search his property up the hill around his house!! :D
hoping to do this property this coming weekend! knowing the general history of this area, this one should have some great potential!
i was in the right place at the right time! :thumbsup:

Pete

the same thing kinda happened to me to. When i asked permission at the masonic lodge here in town one of the members asked if i would be interested to detect at his house also!

Back
Top Bottom