More than one detector?

111John111

I've had my detector for about a year now and just carried out my hobby by myself, no I want to go metal detecting with friends and family. Will more than one detector interfere with each other? Thanks!

By the way...

Welcome aboard from NW Florida!!

22728_10152223142160635_925608420_n.jpg

Detector operating frequency and interference.

They can.
My dad and I both had Bounty Hunter Tracker IV for years. We hunted together but had to stay about 10-15 feet apart or they would scream at each other.

Some detectors, like my new X-Terra 505, have noise cancellation features, manual or auto, that will adjust the operating frequency slightly to find the quietest channel. This minimizes interference from electromagnetic sources like power lines and other detectors.

If your detector doesn't have noise cancellation and you're thinking about buying a second detector that will operate close by at the same time, consider buying either a second detector of a different brand/model that operates on a slightly different frequency or better yet, buy yourself an upgrade that has noise cancellation and let your friend use your older detector.

Get a second detector and digging tools, bag, etc if you can. Its a whole different day when you can hunt with a friend. You'll know if you are hunting too close to each other- robby is correct. Go for it and have fun! GL and HH. Matt

Reasonable distance is no issue

Unless you are using minelab PI's those things are powerful & you need to be a good 30 yards apart.

Have 2 Ace 250s and when a friend uses the second we have to be at least 50 feet from each other. But as stated above have a complete second set of diggers and pinpointer and stay as close as you can. It's a blast:grin:!

Back
Top Bottom