Target ID on xterra 705 part 2

11mm murata

I just ran into a couple of areas where I detect at and my display shows id numbers that are quickly switching back and forth in what seems random order in that specific spot, I have no idea what is going on:?:. I am nowhere near electrical lines or lines in the ground (that I know of). Any help would be appreciated .:grin:

I just ran into a couple of areas where I detect at and my display shows id numbers that are quickly switching back and forth in what seems random order in that specific spot, I have no idea what is going on:?:. I am nowhere near electrical lines or lines in the ground (that I know of). Any help would be appreciated .:grin:

Are they switching between coin ID numbers? Could be a coin spill. Did you dig and recover anything in those area? Is the area super trashy? Do the numbers appear on the screen with the coil in the air?

I get numbers from -6 to 42 with no more than 5 or 4 id showing depending on what area I stand at and there is at least 4 spots that I have found in a 1/2 acre area. It is all in a wooded area with a lot of small roots. I just have to wait for the ground to dry up. When the ground is dry I will dig like crazy. :D

It doesn't sound like you dug and verified that but your going too when it drys. You can see numbers jump with trash. Sometimes it not only trash but odd shaped. These machines usually ID even trash relatively stable. I had that happen with a big roll of thick foil that was like a 1/2 inch shaft with a big ball at one end that had another metal in it. Or like Tex said, high sensitivity could cause this. I hunt coins with a sensitivity around 20. Never more than 22. And especially if the ground is wet.
Just about everyone with an Xterra downloads an ebook "Understanding your Xterra" by Randy Horton. Its excellent. Randy is the field tester for these machines, a great guy and been detecting like 40 yrs.

The ebook is free. Go to Minelab.com make a free account and you'll find it.
Just trying to help. Hang in there and let us know what happens.
Tin

case closed

Finally was able to dig and found that all but one spot had odd shaped iron objects, such as a 5 inch diameter ring that was jagged from all the rust and plenty of parts of fence wire about .240 in diameter which was extremely smooth for its age.

Back
Top Bottom