Beach scoop

Wesb

What would be a good decent sand scoop for the beach without getting to expensive? I live about 5 hours from the beach and we go maybe 2-3 times a year so I hate to spend more than 100 bucks for something I’ll use twice a year. Are there any decent scoops around 50 or less that’s still good quality?

If you are doing dry sand and only need to dig down to 5 or 6 inches, get a stainless steel basket scoop with a long handle. Anything deeper a real scoop should be used and they are on cheap.

I owned a borderline scoop which was a travel scoop.
The 40 inch stainless is $120.00 I recommend a scoop with the handle angled back like that.

Are you using a detector that can handle the mineralization of the wet salt beach?? If you are using a VLF machine you will lose considerable depth ground balancing to the mineralization.

Just about any scoop will work on the dry sand. But the wet sand gets real heavy and will ruin a cheap scoop. IN the water i use a 9 1/2 inch wide scoop that is 11 inches long. It was not cheap. I purchased my daughter in law one off the big auction house for about a HUNDRED bucks and put a fiberglass handle in it. She uses it a couple times a year and so far has been working well for her.

why not just use a shovel ?

I have really expensive stainless steel scoop that does wonders on both dry and wet sand ... and underwater. but I forgot it at home once and refused to drive all the way back for it.

So I went to the closest hardware store, bought the cheapest 4ft shovel and proceeded to "scoop" and "dig" just as well OUT OF THE WATER. it was lighter, simpler to carry and plays a part around my garden. for a small fraction of the price of my scoop.

now I think I won't use the scoop unless I'm going to be in the water.

So I just got back from Vacation in Florida. I had a New Nox 800 and needed a Scoop. i assumed i could get a cheap one at a Beach store since i live in MI, i would not need one all the time, but could not find one. So off to amazon since i could get it fast. I did some research, this CKG got excellent reviews for under $90 so does the Coob. says this is not available right now so i would wait till it is. i paid $84, went to local hardware a bought a $6 dollar wood handle.

I used the scoop for 3 weeks, from Dry to Big heaping scoops of Wet sand, It worked Very Nicely! so i would recommend it if you are only going a few times.

https://www.amazon.com/Free2Buy-Detecting-Stainless-Treasure-Designed/dp/B07Q9JFQDN

Thanks for sharing that link. I wasn't even in the market for another scoop, but I'll have to try this one that is made by the same people as the one you posted. The 8mm holes, and so many of them, look like it will help catch smaller pieces of jewelry.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B019TD1GPQ/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A1O47JAVL8SSRL&psc=1

So I just got back from Vacation in Florida. I had a New Nox 800 and needed a Scoop. i assumed i could get a cheap one at a Beach store since i live in MI, i would not need one all the time, but could not find one. So off to amazon since i could get it fast. I did some research, this CKG got excellent reviews for under $90 so does the Coob. says this is not available right now so i would wait till it is. i paid $84, went to local hardware a bought a $6 dollar wood handle.

I used the scoop for 3 weeks, from Dry to Big heaping scoops of Wet sand, It worked Very Nicely! so i would recommend it if you are only going a few times.

https://www.amazon.com/Free2Buy-Detecting-Stainless-Treasure-Designed/dp/B07Q9JFQDN

Back
Top Bottom