MineLab Pro Find 35 issues

Despotes

I just received my Minelab 35 today--is it normal for it to go off simply moving it? It will go off non stop until I turn down the sensitivity. The highest sensitivity 3 levels go off just moving it. I can make the 4th from highest false by moving it fast.
After playing some more, it apparently doesn't like being pointed up or horizontal. Up is much worse. Pointing straight down it's fairly stable. :?:

Last edited:
Try ground balancing it. Put the tip of the pointer on a clean spot of ground and then turn it on. Should be much more stable. Do this every time you turn it on.

Ground balancing didn't do much. Maybe the 2 highest levels always false now as opposed to 3.

Try a factory reset. Hit and hold the power button for 10 seconds.

Factory Reset*
From off, press and hold the Power button (5). After
two long beeps, continue to hold for 5 seconds. One
long beep followed by two short beeps will indicate
when Factory Reset is complete.

Try a factory reset. Hit and hold the power button for 10 seconds.

Factory Reset*
From off, press and hold the Power button (5). After
two long beeps, continue to hold for 5 seconds. One
long beep followed by two short beeps will indicate
when Factory Reset is complete.

Still does it. ML gave me an RMA #

After playing some more, it apparently doesn't like being pointed up or horizontal. Up is much worse. Pointing straight down it's fairly stable. :?:

I had the same experience, an odd sensitivity to movement and orientation. I once thought it was just changes in it's surroundings (i.e. from air to ground to air to deep in the hole) but have since concluded the PF-35 is a finicky little sucker. I now take care to keep it pointed down as much as possible. a little challenge on the surface, not an issue in the hole.

so I guess I wouldn't call it an issue but I've also never used another pinpointer to be able to discern any defective behavior. it will also be interesting to try this "ground balance" technique which I hope to gain me even more from the PF-35.

and ... I played with sensitivity enough only to find that I now keep it at the highest setting all of the time.

as far as I'm concerned, works great every time.

I have the same issue with mine, although not as often. Maybe every 4th or 5th time I turn it on now. Only had it out for a couple of hunts. I'm likely going to send mine back and stick with my Carrots

I don't think it's defective . I've had pp of different manufacturers do the same. I think some models are just more stable then others.

Got my replacement today. The LED actually is somewhat bright. This one is about the same. At the 2nd to highest setting it was going off non stop w/o moving it. It's only usable with the sensitivity turned almost all the way down. :roll: Very disappointing.
Can't imagine other manufacturer's pp's doing the same thing.

Mines done this a few times. As long as I start it pointed down, or ground balance, its exceptionally sensitive, but stable. Actually its too sensitive to use at the highest setting except for use prior to digging a plug. Once the ground is open I usually dial her down. I've had a couple pretty deep coins pop in a slit cut with this pointer, I'll put up with her temperament.

Mines done this a few times. As long as I start it pointed down, or ground balance, its exceptionally sensitive, but stable. Actually its too sensitive to use at the highest setting except for use prior to digging a plug. Once the ground is open I usually dial her down. I've had a couple pretty deep coins pop in a slit cut with this pointer, I'll put up with her temperament.

Sounds like a pain to me, my carrot acts the same no matter how I point it, as long as I don’t turn it on touching the coin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom