I couldnt beleive it. Fisher! No!

MetalmanMatt

I was at the local dealer today. I went there to get the Fisher F2. I picked it up and eyeballed it. I was shocked ......ITS A BOUNTY HUNTER! I couldnt beleive it. I talked with the shop owner who told me it was made at the same place by the same employees. I Bought The Ace 250. Anyone else see thes upclose. If you own one what do you thing about it?

Yes, there was a thread about it recently showing the Fisher, the Bounty Hunter and one other, and how they are all the same machine. Lemme see if I can find it real quick.

I think he told me the teknic machine or something like that. I just wasnt up for another BH yet. Not at real detector prices anyway.

A Bounty Hunter at a Bounty Hunter price isnt a bad machine. But 400 for a Bounty Hunter Masked with a new fancy name dont sound so good. The F4 by Fisher seemed pretty good, but it still has the same exact coil as the BH, with the push in plug. The stem seemed a little sloppy, and the graphical readout seemed a little cheap. And I aslo perfer not to purchase 9v batteries, AA batteries are cheaper.

Last edited:
basically a fisher is a better quality bounty hunter..the fisher F4 has better circuitry then the others i believe.

I did real good with those cheap bounty hunters. In fact where I use to live I out-hunted the whites, garretts and minelabs used by others. Yep I stuck in my thumb and pulled out a plum.

I did real good with those cheap bounty hunters. In fact where I use to live I out-hunted the whites, garretts and minelabs used by others. Yep I stuck in my thumb and pulled out a plum.

well yeah..theres no doubt you can find good stuff with a BH..anyone who takes the time to learn how a machine works and use that machine to its full capability will always find more and better items as opposed to someone with a high dollar unit who thinks just cause it cost bookoo bucks they are automatically a better hunter then someone with a cheap machine. but when you get a guy/gal who hunts with a high dollar unit and has taken the time to use/learn that unit at peak performance that person and machine will have a better chance of finding the goods than a person with equal knowledge but has a lower level machine. i hear all the time "its not the machines it the operator" and i see that at 50% truth....you can have infinite knowledge of your machine but if it lacks the capability theres nothing you can do but buy a better machine and learn that as equally well.

What First Texas did instead of retooling to make seperate housings for some of the new Fisher's they just put new electronics in what they already had, big money saver! Like the F2, a fun detector to use with good results. Everyone have a great Saturday and may your finds be golden.

John Tomlinson,CET
John's Detectors

i hear all the time "its not the machines it the operator" and i see that at 50% truth....you can have infinite knowledge of your machine but if it lacks the capability theres nothing you can do but buy a better machine and learn that as equally well.
Actually there are several things one can do, that do not involve opening one's wallet for a higher priced machine. Once you know your machine, get to know your area and let others do the hard work for you. Increase the depth of you cheap unit by hitting the demo sites where inches/years of top soil build up were taken away by others. This was all pretty much covered in that big demo site hunting thread called "Obtainable Coin Types In Your Area."
Many folks due to whatever reason will not be able to spend $1,000 on a metal detector and by thinking smart they will have just as much a chance of making the big finds. Also if they are a true die-hard and get out there as often as possible they will become one of the 10% who make 90% of the finds!

Here's a link to that thread. Some demo site photos are in the later pages as well as some finds made by my friend Bruce in Minnesota. Bruce uses an old machine that is ancient by todays standards. He has found many older coins, 45,000 wheat cents, a gold coin. Bruce optioned to keep using the old machine he knew so well and used his head to get the most from it.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=12809&highlight=obtainable+coin+types

I brought this all back up to renew hope to those hunting with cheaper units such as what I started out with myself.

of course :roll: location plays a huge factor in what one can find..but i wasnt talking about that..i was talking about the detector. if a person was to go to a site {such as a demo site} and can be the first person there even with a cheap machine there gonna find alot of stuff..probably alot more than the next hunter to come along regardless of what they are swinging.

Here's a link to that thread. Some demo site photos are in the later pages as well as some finds made by my friend Bruce in Minnesota. Bruce uses an old machine that is ancient by todays standards. He has found many older coins, 45,000 wheat cents, a gold coin. Bruce optioned to keep using the old machine he knew so well and used his head to get the most from it.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=12809&highlight=obtainable+coin+types

I brought this all back up to renew hope to those hunting with cheaper units such as what I started out with myself.

if memory serves me correctly Bruce uses a garrett freedom 3 plus which in its day was a top of the line machine and even by todays standards is still a very good machine. the freedom series reminds me alot of the tesoros,and is a machine you rarely find second hand and if you do it doesnt stay in the classifieds very long.

While I like my SE much better, my Bounty Hunter Land Star (Cammo LS) isn't a bad machine. The discrimination is great, as is the recovery speed, what bugs me about it is that 5" seems to be its limit for finding coins.

of course :roll: location plays a huge factor in what one can find..but i wasnt talking about that..i was talking about the detector. if a person was to go to a site {such as a demo site} and can be the first person there even with a cheap machine there gonna find alot of stuff..probably alot more than the next hunter to come along regardless of what they are swinging.
demo site, first one in, thats smart hunting. a good example of what i was trying to say.

The Fisher F2 and the Fisher F4 is not a Bounty Hunter. Yes the Bounty Hunters and the Fishers are made at the same factory now called First Texas. The F2 and F4 are alittle less quality made than the older Fishers were but are still made better than the Bounty Hunters. Nothing wrong with a Bounty Hunter if it works for you. BTW I would take a F2 over the Ace 250 any day. Steve.

I was at the local dealer today. I went there to get the Fisher F2. I picked it up and eyeballed it. I was shocked ......ITS A BOUNTY HUNTER! I couldnt beleive it. I talked with the shop owner who told me it was made at the same place by the same employees. I Bought The Ace 250. Anyone else see thes upclose. If you own one what do you thing about it?

I just bought the F2
Only been out once with it but really like it;)
I hunted a wet sand tot lot for 1 1/2 hr and recoverd 37 coins the last penney dug was 10'' deep:shock: air test were not very impresseve but in the ground its Good!

Ive had the ACE 250 and i have an Explorer SE i wanted the f2 as a back-up detector

Back
Top Bottom