Thoughts on the Titan 3000 md

machine72

Hi everyone I am new to metal detecting and to the forums.. I did a little research and talked to a person at kelleyco about this detector.. I would like your thoughts on it and opinions..I did order it unfortunatley before I decided to type this post but there is a return policy on it if it absolutley stinks..thanks for your thoughts....

Hi everyone I am new to metal detecting and to the forums.. I did a little research and talked to a person at kelleyco about this detector.. I would like your thoughts on it and opinions..I did order it unfortunatley before I decided to type this post but there is a return policy on it if it absolutley stinks..thanks for your thoughts....

Hi Machine72,

Usually the research comes, before the purchase :roll:, but I know, we can get caught up on the excitement and order first. I don't have any experience with that machine, but here is a site that has several reviews on the Titan 3000.

http://metaldetectorreviews.net/detectors/76-1-titan3000xd.html

keep in mind that detector performance varies with your type of ground. It is usually best to find what works well in your area and then concentrate your research on those models.
Now,

Hi Machine72,

Usually the research comes, before the purchase :roll:, but I know, we can get caught up on the excitement and order first. I don't have any experience with that machine, but here is a site that has several reviews on the Titan 3000.

http://metaldetectorreviews.net/detectors/76-1-titan3000xd.html

keep in mind that detector performance varies with your type of ground. It is usually best to find what works well in your area and then concentrate your research on those models.
Now,

Thanks rudy they told me that it would work good where I live (woodstock ct)due to the mineral content in the soil...Because I intially wanted the minelab 30.. they were both about the same price but they recommended the Titan..Thanks for your reply...Machine72

I don't know for a fact but have heard they are an overpriced Bounty Hunter. Check before you buy. Nothing wrong with a Bounty Hunter but why pay more for it.

The Titan 3000 is at heart a Bounty Hunter Detector. The Discovery 3300 marketed by Radio Shack is essentially the same detector. It is also a Bounty Hunter Detector. The Fisher F4 was a detector released after Bounty Hunter acquired the Fisher brand name.

titan3000xdface.jpg

Titan 3000XD
Average Cost $379.00

Discovery3300.jpg

Discovery 3300 (Also referred to as the BH3300 around the forum).
Cost $299.00 (Available only online at Radio Shack)

FisherF4.jpg

Fisher F4
Average Cost 399.00

Out of the 3 detectors I would probably go with the F4. Bounty Hunter has refined the circuitry of the F4 to help overcome the sensitivity issues and falsing problems that plague the other 2 detectors. I believe the F4 has a much better coil as well. The Discovery 3300 has a high off the shelf dud factor. I owned and used a Discovery 3300 and really liked it however. At around $400.00 you could hold out a little longer and get into a more robust and advanced detector. Just my thoughts. Hope this helps.

Keep Swing'in
Jack

The Titan 3000 is at heart a Bounty Hunter Detector. The Discovery 3300 marketed by Radio Shack is essentially the same detector. It is also a Bounty Hunter Detector. The Fisher F4 was a detector released after Bounty Hunter acquired the Fisher brand name.

Great info Jack! I didn't realize they looked so much alike!

Although I love my Discovery 3300 I would not have paid $300 for it. I got when it was at clearance for about $115 - THAT was a great price for THAT detector.

Back
Top Bottom