Bounty Hunter Quick Slilver Review

BigKyle

Bounty Hunter Quick Silver Review

Hey guys, I have had my detector for about a month now, and used it quite a bit, I’m not by any means a pro, but I feel I can accurately give a nice review of this unit.

Out of the box, the set up was quite simple. You have the coil, an extension pole, and the main unit. Only thing you need that the quick silver doesn’t come with it is the two 9 volt batteries.

This unit is excellent for someone who is new to the hobby, or wants to be a light user. There’s no real configuration to the unit. You have 4 detections, [Iron], [AL ZN], [AL 5¢], and [COINS], each one can be ignored so you can just detect coins, or just weed out iron.

The last setting you really have to worry about is Depth Select, this confused me at first, what this does it basically how strong of a signal your sending out, so if you on a beach you want low to prevent false signals, and when your on dense ground you would want high..

I normally leave mine at medium (default) unless I get false signals.

Like I said before, there’s not much to this detector, which is the beauty of it...
If you’re new to the hobby like I was, you still need to prefect your technique, and the way you dig... this is a great unit to start out with... you can learn all the essentials with this guys, and then you can always move up.

Over all I would give it a 4.5 / 5

A PDF of the manual can be found here:
http://www.metaldetector.cc/productimages/bounty%20hunter/bountyhunterQuickSilver.pdf

Hope this helps some of you.

Kyle

Thanks for the excellent review Kyle. It's nice to have these types of reviews on the site for members who are shopping.

I just did some "shopping" on the site myself. I wanted a MD that could handle the highly mineralized, wet sand in the Santa Cruz beach areas and "surfed n searched" through many posts by some of our beach hunting experts. Just ordered a new Detector Pro Headhunter Wader about an hour ago.

Sounds like you and your Bounty Hunter are quickly getting to know each other. As you get even more familiar with it, you'll be able to concentrate even more on the search area and the targets without even thinking about the machine attached to your arm.

Thanks again and keep us posted.

Respectfully,

Lowjiber

Thanks for taking the time to review the Bounty Hunter Quick Silver. Don't worry about being an expert. Most people who start out using a new detector haven't had a chance to hunt with it. That is what makes your review applicable to anyone buying the unit, especially the average guy or gal. Good job!! Hope you find loads of "treasure".:D

Back
Top Bottom