Seben extreme metaldetector

S

sprangie

Does anyone know how to work with a seben extreme metaldetector? I have one like that but I don't know how it works. Can somebody help me.

Greats sprangie

Good luck with that. I've never used one, and I haven't been tempted, since while White's, Tesoro, Garrett, etc. are in the metal detector business, Seben seems to be in the general merchandise business, not specializing in any one thing. If I had to guess, I would guess that they are reselling, not manufacturing, but I don't know that for sure.

-- Tom

Its a fairly deep detector for the money also sold under the MD brand.
Not German, just distributed from there. Some models are from China, others from Turkey.

Main problem is that a a percentage don't work/work correctly out of the box. Then the instructions don't help though I think the German ones are fairly good if you can get them translated.

If you have the model I think then there's a zero button on the back of the handgrip. This memorizes the settings when the knobs are adjusted if its held in at the same time. Also zero's the meter.

Major problem most have is being able to ground balance the detector as its a similar process the the old pre motion machines that most have either dumped or never used though they can still outperform modern detectors at some tasks.

Anyway select ground balance mode. Lift coil about two feet off the ground (keeping the head level with the ground).
Press "zero" button ad hold it in.
Adjust threshold to a low tone and release the button.
Lower coil to about 4 or 5 inches from the ground....if sound increases lift the coil up again, press and hold the zero button and turn knob slightly anti-clockwise and release button. If instead the sound has decreased turn the knob clockwise.
Repeat the up/down/press/hold action until there's little or no tone change when the coil approaches the ground to the height you will be detecting with it at....thats the point the ground is balanced out.

To discriminate select discrimination.
Press zeroing button and hold whilst adjusting threshold to a low/comfortable level.
Release button.
Sweep coil over item you want to reject.
If sound increases press zero button and turn the Discrim. knob a little clockwise.
Release button, re sweep. Repeat until the item you want to reject either doesn't sound off...or for best performance gives a broken sound as the rubbish item is swept. Far better to hear rubbish than totally discriminate it out.

As with many detectors large iron cannot be totally discriminated out. Larger bits will give a ferrous, non ferrous, ferrous sound as the coil sweeps across.

Brian

seben ex

download a tm 808 2 box users manual and ground balance the same way.(actually most detectors are about the same but the 808 man is an easy read)

you wont learn your machine overnight but when you get the hang of it you will be picking up targets at 3' to 5' or more depending on ground conditions.

the ex is a hoard/deep relic machine and is pretty sweet for hunting battlefields and forts.

i used one for a couple of months before i picked up my gti 2500 and it made me some money(good money)

for the price you cant beat it with a stick.

Well beaks all he has to do is a internet search and he will find all the unhappy people who have been suckered into this machine.

You can buy a Turkish version of the excellent Whites 6000 Pro SL. Its 20% of the cost and is nearly as deep. Problem is you have to creep the coil along. Again a large percentage don't work out of the box or very poorly and the build quality is poor with things like the mode changed switch wearing out in months. A Whites switch lasts ten years or more without problems.

You still get what you pay for and rarely get something for nothing.

seben

Well beaks all he has to do is a internet search and he will find all the unhappy people who have been suckered into this machine.

You can buy a Turkish version of the excellent Whites 6000 Pro SL. Its 20% of the cost and is nearly as deep. Problem is you have to creep the coil along. Again a large percentage don't work out of the box or very poorly and the build quality is poor with things like the mode changed switch wearing out in months. A Whites switch lasts ten years or more without problems.

You still get what you pay for and rarely get something for nothing.

I never had a problem except for it picking up the wifes detector if she got within 3 feet of the one i was using.

i dont know about how long they last or how many dont work out of box (i only used it for a couple of months until my detector came in) but i do know that the one i used worked pretty well and found a few rings and some coin (between 6" and 1'+ )
and iron at 3'.

You are right you do get what you pay for, that is why i snagged the gti and the whites.

I dont think i would actually buy a seben because they are cheap machines but i wouldnt buy a bounty hunter either LMAO (owned a couple and they are junk)

I did a little research too and came to the same conclusion(s) as above. The reviews are terrible and the claims in the advertisements are incredible when compared with the price. If it's all a person can afford, it's probably a little better than a dowsing rod at best..IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom