Whites mxt pro

thanks BigDog that's nice of you I plan on going to Sweethome to the Whites factory. I may contact you and see how your worksI I could be going that way in feb.
Jay D.

Yep i'm going to get it out tomorrow and play with it. I probably won't buy a new one until this spring March, April. I do have some spots I want to hunt and this one will be fun to take with me when I go scout them out. I know of a couple good spots but they are on state park forest land probably NO chance to get permission to hunt there.
Jay D.

just to add to this. we were working at an event at Shore Acres state park Oregon and I got to talking to a ranger and asked about metal detector hunting on state park property. she informed me that all I had to do is stop at the state park office and apply for a permit, and its free. they will tell you what areas are off limits and other things you can and can not do. i'm going to check them out this week sometime. i'm not sure this applies to all Oregon state parks or just this particular one. each one may have its own rules ?
Jay D.

Last edited:
Jay February is a good month for me to meet up. I’ll show good places at the Oregon state fairgrounds that’s giving up silver coins. Ron

Sorry to say but I found it an irritatingly "noisy" detector inso much as the sound it made , especially in "prospecting " mode I think it was,well it was either that or " Relic " mode.
I would liken it to a Goose honking incessantly. It got on my nerves that much I had to let it go.

is the irritating noise coming from the detector itself or from head phones. I plan on using head phones some of the time if they work good. it would be nice to here form others if this noise is a problem or can be adjusted out or maybe it could be particular to Jebbs machine.
Jay D.

is the irritating noise coming from the detector itself or from head phones. I plan on using head phones some of the time if they work good. it would be nice to here form others if this noise is a problem or can be adjusted out or maybe it could be particular to Jebbs machine.
Jay D.

No, most definitely from the MXT . It`s the actual sound of the detector what it makes when you detect something . I`d say the guys on here will know what I`m getting at probably.

Sorry to say but I found it an irritatingly "noisy" detector inso much as the sound it made , especially in "prospecting " mode I think it was,well it was either that or " Relic " mode.
I would liken it to a Goose honking incessantly. It got on my nerves that much I had to let it go.

If you were hunting relic mode and got that low grunt your machine was being swept over iron.. turn your threshold down or run with zero disc...

I've been reading other post and theirs a lot of talk about the Equinox 800. its in the MXT price range also. i'm doing to much reading.
Jay D.

The MXT is as deep as any detector out with the right coil and gain setting, I use the D2 coil and try and run +2 gain EMI permitting and can get dimes at 10"+ and some being a full 12"+ before. The ground tracking is second to none which does well in iron, just have to slow down and it picks through iron very well. Once you learn the MXT well you'll never be outgunned but if your wanting a beach detector a multi freq. detector will do far better in wet sand. It is every bit as deep as the V3i or the E-trac in the ground coin shooting. HH

Back
Top Bottom