Who would like to see Minelab come out with

canman678

an updated version of the E-Trac with a faster processor and the ability to adjust the recovery speed and keep the pricing the same as the old version.

I think I read they are coming out with something for about $1,200-$1,300 that will be really different. Pretty sure there was a tiny bit about the name of the type of detection on their website many months ago. Too expensive for me but wondering it if will make many used Equinoxes put up for sale. HH, George (MN)

How about they just make a better VDI for the Equinox? Then they can stop the CTX and E Trac sales all together. After owning all three numerous times I would say that target ID is the only thing that those two have on the Equinox. If you factor in weight, recovery speed, and price the older detectors have me puzzled as to why they are still being bought.

an updated version of the E-Trac with a faster processor and the ability to adjust the recovery speed and keep the pricing the same as the old version.

I agree, I would also add a wireless headphone set up and also waterproofing the machine would be huge. Doubt they could do all that while keeping the price the same though :roll:

How about they just make a better VDI for the Equinox? Then they can stop the CTX and E Trac sales all together. After owning all three numerous times I would say that target ID is the only thing that those two have on the Equinox. If you factor in weight, recovery speed, and price the older detectors have me puzzled as to why they are still being bought.
They just came out with the equinox, what a year ago? Already had what 2 updates for it? They need a newer FBS machine, lighter, waterproof, faster recovery, wireless capabilities and reasonably priced. Been too long now. Yes it sounds like I just described the equinox lol, but anyone who has run both the equinox and FBS know, they are two COMPLETELY different beasts. Each has there strengths. If they could mix the 2 somehow and put the price right in the middle ($1,000-1,200) I think you have a real winner there...hey we can all dream right? Yes the ground is frozen right now and I have a slight fever :laughing:

I have made several posts similar to this, i think minelab is missing the boat. I posted they need to make a modern etrac/ctx type machine with the super fast processors they have now with a screen like the v3i in color . More ergonomic like the the nox and deus in weight. I would buy one in a heart beat!

I have made several posts similar to this, i think minelab is missing the boat. I posted they need to make a modern etrac/ctx type machine with the super fast processors they have now with a screen like the v3i in color . More ergonomic like the the nox and deus in weight. I would buy one in a heart beat!

Minelab is working on a new E trac as we speak, probably.:D

Agreed, if they could shave off a couple of pounds and give it wireless capability. This line would be revitalized. They are great machines, but the hardware has become dated. It would be even better if the price could be shaved 2 or 300. The volume of sales just might compensate for the smaller margin. Another thought, make the firmware update able like the nox and Deus.

I agree! Love my eTrac, im sure id love the Nox 800 too, but a new updated eTrac with all the improvements mentioned so far (and maybe still be able to swap coils out with the ones I already have) id buy one !

An Equinox 3030 would be pretty amazing. Both machines have their own awesome features and I wouldn't want to give up either one right now, why not figure out a way to combine them.

CTX
GPS/Geo Cache/Treasure Marking features
Target Trace/Reads 2 targets at once (really awesome feature)
Has a freaking clock (Why can we not get a simple clock on Nox 800 display for 900$?)
Built better, less flimsy, no wobble, better/easier telescoping cam-lock system
Can edit/save new programs using the Xchange program on computer
After-market coils available like a 5x10 which may never come out for Nox

NOX
Extremely fast recovery speed
Very comfortable bluetooth headphones
Very light weight
Good on gold chains

If all these features were rolled into one machine and still light weight that would be amazing.

Back
Top Bottom