Need a smaller at pro coil

gopowercat

I'm getting back into detecting after a couple of years off! I have a at pro that came with the regular stock coil. Not 100% on the coil size. I need recommendations on a smaller coil for yard hunting in tight spots. Sniper coil? Just curious which one I'm looking for and what I should expect to pay.

I also want to know which coil works best for freshwater beach hunting. Thanks for any help!

You will enjoy the 5x8 DD coil. It's smaller than the stock 8x11 so it's lighter. Also a very good coil to use in tight or trashy spots. Seperation is great among the trash. Should run $110 or so, contact one of our sponsers, they can hook you up.

Can't speak for the sniper but the 5x8 serves me well. Light, easy to get in small areas, can get pretty close to a fence and great in trashy areas. My only issue is it seems like it will tone at the center and right of the coil when I'm working at the tip of the coil. If I'm not careful I'll dig my plug low and left of the target.

As for price, when I picked mine up I couldn't find much better than retail. Maybe $10 or $12 off but that's it. It's not a huge ticket item so the margins might not be big enough to cut too much of a discount.

Although with everyone purging anything not Equinox before the release date you may be able to find one for cheap. I know I'm looking for a sniper before they put the Equinox out and the fever is gone and they come back to their senses. :D

That 5X8 is a great little coil. I have all three and the stock and sniper sit in my truck. I have uses for both but day in and day out the 5X8 gets it done.

BCD

I loved the 5x8 when I had my ATP. My buddy has a NEL snake and really likes it. Smaller than the 5x8 and can get in really tight spots with great separation but not much coverage. Pretty good depth as well.

NEL/CORS Snake/Shrew and the garrett 5x8 are great. the 4.5" garrett is great in nail but really lacks depth.

Back
Top Bottom