This is what a virgin schoolhouse produces(UPDATED)

gseuser

Elite Member
Zach66604 and myself went to a schoolhouse today and it turned out to be virgin. Between us we found coins ranging from 1864-1965. Altogether we found 17 wheats, 5 IHPs, 3 V Nickels, 3 silvers, 3 tokens, 2 buttons and a few relics. This school had 3 generations of local residents attending it and they brought money to lose. This site had knee high grass as well but that didn't stop us from finding amazing things.

My finds included 2 IHPs being 1900 and 1907. 1901 Barber dime. 2 V nicks 1900 and 1904 a 1933 Ford token and a 1930s Chevrolet token and 7 wheats ranging from 1918-1952. Zach will post his along with this thread down below.

VIDEO LINK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06GYhvpmJUs

Attachments

• good coins.JPG
    good coins.JPG
    171.8 KB · Views: 807
  • my stuff.JPG
    my stuff.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 759
  • ford token front.JPG
    ford token front.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 768
  • ford token back.JPG
    ford token back.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 766
  • overall.JPG
    overall.JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 762
  • v nicks and great seal.JPG
    v nicks and great seal.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 752
Last edited:
Great finds! Congrats to you two.

Its still possible it did get hunted before. In what, the 80's? People would only be after large silver coins. I heard stories how they would skip everything else.
I could be wrong.

Nonetheless, its got great potential hit it again!!!!

Last edited:
sweet show & tell. Be sure to go back in the fall grass die-off (before snow/freeze) and hit it again when the grass is down low.

Great finds! Congrats to you two.

Its still possible it did get hunted before. In what, the 80's? People would only be after large silver coins. I heard stories how they would skip everything else.
I could be wrong.

Nonetheless, its got great potential hit it again!!!!

I doubt it, because it is on private property and there were no context clues as to a school house once being there. Also the land owner said no one else had hit it to their knowledge. I did find a silver quarter, and the ford token rang up like a half, along with a few pieces of trash. It is possible, but i doubt it, and even if it has been there is obviously still mounds of treasure there.

I doubt it, because it is on private property and there were no context clues as to a school house once being there. Also the land owner said no one else had hit it to their knowledge. I did find a silver quarter, and the ford token rang up like a half, along with a few pieces of trash. It is possible, but i doubt it, and even if it has been there is obviously still mounds of treasure there.

You guys should mow it for the land owner. It would be a nice gesture and you can keep hunting.

My take from todays endeavors minus some random relics. I thought the GW was a seated quarter at first because all I could see was the head of the eagle and it looked more like a seated at the time. I was bummed for a second when I realized it was only a silver GW, but I quickly rebounded, because hey it was a silver washington! This makes two hunts in a row with a holed indian. I think maybe its a schoolhouse necklace for boys, because the two I found came from one roomers.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Amazing finds Zach, congrats on the virgin lands!

Question: what technique did you use to hunt that high grass?

Back
Top Bottom