Parts for HF Tumbler

Chuckciao

Has anyone found a place to order replacement parts (new drum, gaskets, etc)for the Harbor Freight Tumbler? I check with HF and they said that they did not carry parts.
Thanks

I didnt see anything either...when i saw them in the store when i bought mine it was just boxes of them and nothing else..if they hadnt been cheap enough id not have bought one..im not a fan of not getting replacement parts other then the fan belts

Good Question... I have HF 3 year tumbler and it has been great except the gaskets are starting to wear out..... Anyone have a fix for them? They are kind of proprietary. Maybe some kind of gasket from some other rubber/plastics company? Any vendors out there?

I just looked at the brochure and there isn't a list of replacement parts but there is an address and phone number.

3491 Mission Oaks Blvd.
PO Box 6009
Camarillo, CA

Phone (800) 444-3353

I hope this helps!

Good Question... I have HF 3 year tumbler and it has been great except the gaskets are starting to wear out..... Anyone have a fix for them? They are kind of proprietary. Maybe some kind of gasket from some other rubber/plastics company? Any vendors out there?

RockTumblers.com has Lortone Replacement Parts but after checking out measurements, seems like the sizes between Lotone and HF are a little different.
The only fix would be to buy a new Lortone drum assembly which will set you back more than the whole HF Tumbler!

My double barrel HF came with a replacement belt that I had to use after 2 or 3 tumbles. The replacement has lasted at least a dozen. Would like to have a few spares as it seems to be the weakest link.

My double barrel HF came with a replacement belt that I had to use after 2 or 3 tumbles. The replacement has lasted at least a dozen. Would like to have a few spares as it seems to be the weakest link.

I called the number in the HF manual and they did sell spare belts. Check out eBay where you can get a package of 5 for a couple of bucks. Alternatively, I am told that a strong rubber band will do the trick!

I called the number in the HF manual and they did sell spare belts. Check out eBay where you can get a package of 5 for a couple of bucks. Alternatively, I am told that a strong rubber band will do the trick!

Good to know. Also have some bearings that I plan on modding those little plastic clips that are supposed to keep the barrels level but end up wearing a groove in the lid. Will post a pic if I ever get around to it. Will check the Bay for belts!

You can take a belt to any good vacume repair store and match it. For other parts,,, if you still have a manual it list all the parts. 800-444-3353. Chicago Dual Drum Rotary Rock Tumbler . Model/Item 67632.

Update on HF Tumbler Parts

Has anyone found a place to order replacement parts (new drum, gaskets, etc)for the Harbor Freight Tumbler? I check with HF and they said that they did not carry parts.
Thanks

Update on my original post:
I wrote to HF regarding spare parts for their tumblers and they wrote back that some parts were available and I could only order by phone (18004232567). I called but not all parts are available. They do not sell belts anymore but you can easily but them on eBay. If you call, have the manual so you can tell them exactly the parts needed. They add $6.00 for shipping and tax and ship Fed X.
Hope this helps.

My belt broke a long time ago, so I went to walmart and bought a bag of thick rubberbands, and yes they work just fine! One single thick rubberband will easily last 6 or 7 loads, sometimes longer, and youcan get a bag of them for like 2 bucks

Good to know. Also have some bearings that I plan on modding those little plastic clips that are supposed to keep the barrels level but end up wearing a groove in the lid. Will post a pic if I ever get around to it. Will check the Bay for belts!

I just bought the dual drum Tumbler and noticed the stops wearing after my first time using it. So I went to Home Depot and bought a "Sliding screen door tension roller kit #b-686". There actually track wheels with a groove. I had to fabricate one of them, to mount it so that it would work. It seems to work pretty good.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 6,878
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 4,392
Thanks for the post with pics. That looks like it works perfectly. I still have the bearings sitting around but have not attempted to install them. Your work gives me ideas and motivation. :thumbsup:

You can buy replacement drums from loritone but I believe the measurements are different so the drum parts are not interchangable.

Has anyone confirmed you can order replacement drum lids and gaskets?

I replaced the blastic bearings the roller rods spin on. I bought some bronze oilite bushings from McMaster & Carr that were 5/16"i.d x 3/8" length. The 5/16 rod is too tight a fit and the bearing flange is a bit thicker than the plastic ones. They are also larger diamater than the plastic ones. I used a drill press creativly to bore the bushings slightly and to grind the flane a few thousands thinner. I used a step bit and angle drill to widen the bushing holes in the tumbler. I used JB weld to secure the bushings. It runs MUCH smother than on my worn out plastic bushings.

I just bought the dual drum Tumbler and noticed the stops wearing after my first time using it. So I went to Home Depot and bought a "Sliding screen door tension roller kit #b-686". There actually track wheels with a groove. I had to fabricate one of them, to mount it so that it would work. It seems to work pretty good.
Neat modification.

You can buy replacement drums from loritone but I believe the measurements are different so the drum parts are not interchangable.

Has anyone confirmed you can order replacement drum lids and gaskets?

I replaced the blastic bearings the roller rods spin on. I bought some bronze oilite bushings from McMaster & Carr that were 5/16"i.d x 3/8" length. The 5/16 rod is too tight a fit and the bearing flange is a bit thicker than the plastic ones. They are also larger diamater than the plastic ones. I used a drill press creativly to bore the bushings slightly and to grind the flane a few thousands thinner. I used a step bit and angle drill to widen the bushing holes in the tumbler. I used JB weld to secure the bushings. It runs MUCH smother than on my worn out plastic bushings.

Neat modification.

You can call Harbor Freight Customer Service and order most of the parts that might wear out. I called them before ordering mine. I wanted to be sure I could get replacement parts before buying one. They asked me for the model number and told me what could be purchased and it sounded like most anything that could wear out.

It has been a while but I finally got around to replacing those cheesy plastic tabs that wear groves in the lid with some nice sealed bearings. I was able to use the holes the tabs were mounted with and it is a perfect fit. My last belt is still going strong (jinx!) but still intend to pick up spares. Here are some action shots of the tumbler going strong with the new bearings.

Attachments

• 20130623_091304_resized.jpg
    20130623_091304_resized.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 3,979
  • 20130623_091317_resized.jpg
    20130623_091317_resized.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 4,227
I have several tumblers from www.kingsleynorth.com which features many professional grade machines & parts.

Their website allows you to look at the manuals/diagrams and since they all operate on the same principal, I'm inclined to believe you could swap parts, or at least get an idea on how to make your own upgrades.

This is one of my favorites. Its design is often overlooked, but simple. As the description says, it has multiple actions that result in some amazing performance. Anyhow, check out the design, and you'll see it is easy to duplicate....or PM me if you would like some photo's measurements.
http://www.kingsleynorth.com/skshop/product.php?id=46533&catID=102

Attachments

• tumbler.jpg
    tumbler.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 3,895
It has been a while but I finally got around to replacing those cheesy plastic tabs that wear groves in the lid with some nice sealed bearings. I was able to use the holes the tabs were mounted with and it is a perfect fit. My last belt is still going strong (jinx!) but still intend to pick up spares. Here are some action shots of the tumbler going strong with the new bearings.

I like your setup better than mine.

Alternatively, I am told that a strong rubber band will do the trick!

I know this is an old topic but I needed a replacement belt and asked my daughter for a ponytail band. She brought several I chose one that did not have a metal connector holding both ends together. Works great but now, after a few years, I bought the pack off ebay. Now i am looking for the nylon guide that keeps the barrel from rubbing the front of the machine.

Back
Top Bottom