• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Mojave likely my last detector

ugadigger

Elite Member
I have been in the hobby for a little over 5 years and tried many detectors. I started with the Ace 250 as a bday present to myself and upgraded soon to the AT pro (probably my favorite of all). I tried the ctx for about a week, but it was a like a hot potato in my hand because I feared the possible repair nightmares.

Honestly, there are times that the desire just isn't there and I don't hunt for months so that is probably the main factor in settling back into a cheaper yet capable machine. I purchased a Mojave this week and have yet to use it, but I fully expect it will be a winner and more than likely my last machine. I have no desire to water hunt, no desire to dig 10" and no desire to wear my arms out with a heavy machine. Heck I pretty much just want a beep and dig simple to use detector with a lifetime warranty--well hello Mojave :yes:.

So you purchased a new machine, haven't used it yet and it's your final purchase..

Cool..

Just got one a few weeks ago just to see if it could possibly work any better than my Compadre in my really challenging dirt.
It found me an extremely masked Merc within the first hour, other great treasures since, seems to be going surprisingly deep in my dirt and is just as sensitive to just about everything I have come across as the Compadre so far.
Plus, just as much fun as any Tesoro I have ever swung so I am a very happy hunter.
If you have to go with just one you could do a lot worse IMO.

I think you made the right decision... let us know how you make out. :D

strick

I have no doubt that you are cool. But beware of saying this is my last one. Every detector says that. Until the next one.:lol: Congrats on the new machine and good hunting.

Thx I was joking a little, but I can't see owning another detector for the type hunting I do. Mainly totlots these days...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's cool your running it wireless, I may have to do that with my Compadres soon, as the dang earbud cord seems to like getting tangled up. Let us know how she works please and tot lots are a nice fun place to hunt if you get them early enough before people are awake :lol:

That's cool your running it wireless, I may have to do that with my Compadres soon, as the dang earbud cord seems to like getting tangled up. Let us know how she works please and tot lots are a nice fun place to hunt if you get them early enough before people are awake :lol:

Yes it's great running wireless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom