Gold tipped pen?

TommyJay

Forum Supporter
Went to the peace dollar field for a couple of hours today, and found some interesting relics. Aside from a harmonica reed, cap, part of a heart bracelet (I found other parts here also), and some clad, I found what I think is is the tip of a pen, and a vintage Case pocket knife:

101_4643.jpg

The pens base appears to be copper, while the tip is perhaps gold? Its got some weight to it too, but no markings. Both of these items were about 6 to 7" down, and the glint of the pen tip got my hopes up. I cant get the knife to open, but if anyone has some suggestions on soaking it in oil or something, I'd like to know.

Thanks for looking, and HH!

I also found a gold tipped pen in the past with a copper tube attached, ended up being a VERY heavy plate. Hope yours is solid! Happy hunting!

I also found a gold tipped pen in the past with a copper tube attached, ended up being a VERY heavy plate. Hope yours is solid! Happy hunting!

Thanks, that would be nice. Ive found several "gold" objects in that field, but only one had the mark, and it was 10K. I need to get a test kit.

Could be a GOLD BOND pen. If it is it is gold. I have a pen and pencil set

Thanks tater. I looked up those pens, and they look nice, but I couldnt find one that looked similar......so far.

That case knife is worth a whole day of clad hunting !! probably one of the many I've lost !!!

Back
Top Bottom