Class of 1927

Jim Bob

Elite Member
I had a banner day today in the lake. I got my new Sand scoop via UPS yesterday so today was learning day. Can you believe there is a learning curve for a sand scoop:lol: Well there is with this monster scoop. I got a little frustrated for the first hour as I was used to my small scoop and I wasn't finding much but a few pennies. Then my day got better. I found this 1927 10k class ring from Howe High School. I don't know where that is but man this is just my best find, it has the name "peterson" in an arch over the 10k so I guess that is the makers mark, the initials inside are DVE and the face of the ring has an"E" in old english script. The detail on the ring is real sharp and the ring is so small it will just fit my wifes pinky. I have to post the other stuff I found today seperate from this because Of the pictures. thanks for looking, Jim

Attachments

• #1-27.jpg
    #1-27.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 342
  • #2 front-E.jpg
    #2 front-E.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 340
  • #3 Howe.jpg
    #3 Howe.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 338
  • #4 10k Peterson.jpg
    #4 10k Peterson.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 345
A very nice old class ring. congrats. I highly doubt you will find any owner for it. BUT you might find an ancestor!! This one would be fun to research.

My oldest is a 1901 class ring from BHS. It also has the initals inside. If only I had a clue where or what BHS was!! That is still in my collection.

Congrats and a VERY nice find.

Some of those sand scoops are pretty heavy and bulky to use. The ring sure is a great way to start with it. Congratulations!! :yes:

Nice ring Jim.. old school rings are some of my favorite finds just behind signet rings ;)

Cool You Beat Me By A Year!!!!!!!!!

I Got A 1928 A Little Over A Week Ago!! My Favorite Finds!! They Make You Wonder...who Was This Person Ect??? Great Find!!!!!!!

I like old school rings because most likely their owners aren't here anymore and they are heavy and will have a good melt value ;)

Back
Top Bottom