Digging tool question

Tori

I bought a shoveltoolythingamjiger :lol: it is one of these...

049206250086xl.jpg

(hopefully it comes out right)

anyways I saw a picture of a minelab digging tool that someone had posted up on the forums and it looked pretty cool... this one that I have doesn't seem to work to well for cutting plugs. I can't seem to get it to CUT in well. There are also a LOT of rocks around where I live. I was wondering if I should go for something more like the minelab tool (the one that I saw was here) or does anyone have any recommendations.

I bought one like that and it lasted like 2 hours. It has a real skinny piece the size of a popsickle about 2" long that protudes into the handle and held on by a small screw. I broke in in regular dirt. The lady at the hardware says damn you must have been working it hard. :lol: I also got a Craftsman and it snapped right where the inch marks are. Like Ed says get a lesche.

I am not a fan of the Lesche diggers at all.
I do own one but i mainly use a cheap wilcox digger. The Lesche's are made well but i just dont like the shape of it.

I do own one but i mainly use a cheap wilcox digger. The Lesche's are made well but i just dont like the shape of it.

I like Wilcox too, but I think the Lesche is better for tough digging conditions.

I bought a shoveltoolythingamjiger :lol: it is one of these...

049206250086xl.jpg

(hopefully it comes out right)

anyways I saw a picture of a minelab digging tool that someone had posted up on the forums and it looked pretty cool... this one that I have doesn't seem to work to well for cutting plugs. I can't seem to get it to CUT in well. There are also a LOT of rocks around where I live. I was wondering if I should go for something more like the minelab tool (the one that I saw was here) or does anyone have any recommendations.

Thats the one I own and it works perfectly fine for me. No problems yet. HAd it for about a month.

I'm with you, I use & like the Wilcox digger, the Lesche diggers are made well but I don't like the straight blade on them, rather have a bit of a curve on the blade to help getting the dirt out. Afterall Tesoro's go deeeeep and ya need something to get every last piece of dirt out of the hole :lol:.

I do not have a coin tool at all actually... I have a Lesche small shovel for relic digging especially for this Georgia Soil... Rocky, Clay, Sand, etc... You gotta have a tool that can pry rocks, cut roots and small enough to hike mountains with! Back in Va a standard Home Depot small garden shovel was great but not in the GA mountains! That Lesche will break the rocks with no problem and pry out the larger ones. Honestly I can not speak for the smaller coin hunting tools but I can testify for the shovels...

Back
Top Bottom