Irish Ancestry in The Friendly Forum

TracerMD

Hi all,
JP Here.
Just joined.
Have a long interest in local history and mythology. Aint getting any younger so I reckon I need to get out and find some proof! (hopefully before the irish weather goes south :laughing: )
I really like the forum so far. Great bunch!

:workforgold:

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

You seem to have a good sense of humor so I thought you'd appreciate being Irish - detecting for a "pot of gold" :laughing::laughing::laughing:
(I'm part Irish, also part German, and even part Cherokee as well as likely other nationalities !)
potofgoldmd.jpg

Hi and welcome to the forum from Oklahoma. According to a dna analysis I'm 22% Irish, figure most of the rest is Scottish, English, & a little bit of Scandinavian thrown in the mix.

I live 20 mins from Belfast, some fine folks left here for American in the early days, many came from north England and Scotland as planters to live in Ulster, then onto America, such as the 11th president Andrew Jackson who family home is from Carrickfergus, a fiercely strong Ulster Scots area in Ulster, in fact i've a few decent hunting grounds very near his familys homestead.

Definitely Ulster/Scots, my GGGGG Grandpa from Belfast into western Pennsylvania then Kentucky about 1800... And Willie there has some rhythm to him!

I live 20 mins from Belfast, some fine folks left here for American in the early days, many came from north England and Scotland as planters to live in Ulster, then onto America, such as the 11th president Andrew Jackson who family home is from Carrickfergus, a fiercely strong Ulster Scots area in Ulster, in fact i've a few decent hunting grounds very near his familys homestead.

I'm envious! One of these days I really want to get over there to see Ireland, I did make it to Scotland back in the 80s and loved it. I figure my ancestor, William Harper's predecessors went into Ulster from Scotland, then he came over this way. I'd like to find out more about who came before him but that has always been a dead end. He must have been a pistol, was a bit of a drinker, made his own good whiskey, built a good brick house, then had a feud with his son in law. He ended up stabbing the the son in law, then William was later found murdered. I figure the son in law did him in. Crazy story, and it took me about 30 years to piece that much together.

welcome from Southwest Pennsylvania Irish here as well lad. they say the good Lord made whiskey so the Irish wouldn't rule the world . Haha Good luck and may your troubles be few andyour diggers pouch full Mark

Welcome! I'm a newbie to the forum myself. My family came over from the old country as indentured servants in the late 1600's.

Back
Top Bottom