Sand Volleyball Courts at Bars/Taverns

milco

Elite Member
Has anyone ever asked for permission or had success in hunting sand volleyball courts at bars and taverns? We have many bars around here that have sand volleyball courts outside or in buildings. They have leagues and everything for the those who want to hang out, enjoy some beverages and play a little volley ball. I have been thinking about approaching a few tavern owners to ask. After all there has got to be some nails and other sharp objects in their sand courts causing tremendous hazards that they would like to get rid of....right?

We have a few of these around the area, as well. I've thought about it... but my outing last night at a local outdoor volleyball court at a park wasn't very successful. Bunch'a pulltabs and random scraps of metal which I did remove because after all, people are playing volleyball in their bare feet.

But my girlfriend brought to my attention, most people aren't sporting a lot of jewelry and random accessories when playing volleyball. i.e., you wouldn't think they'd have a pocketful of change...? *shrug* Maybe it would be more successful on one of the courts in the bars...?

... but my outing last night at a local outdoor volleyball court at a park wasn't very successful.

I have tried many of the sand courts in the parks with the same result, but they are not used that much. Whereas, at the taverns there are hundreds of intoxicated folks playing ball night after night, there has got to be some stuff. I think I'll just try asking and see what happens and see if the bar owner and I can split the loot and get a few beers out of it.

I have tried many of the sand courts in the parks with the same result, but they are not used that much. Whereas, at the taverns there are hundreds of intoxicated folks playing ball night after night, there has got to be some stuff. I think I'll just try asking and see what happens and see if the bar owner and I can split the loot and get a few beers out of it.

Keep me posted...

I know there's a small league that plays out here at the outdoor courts and I was honestly surprised I didn't find something of value. clad, rings, whatever... all I dug up was trash. :roll:

I asked at a local bar if I could hunt their horse shoe pits. I was allowed, but only found one coin and lots of trash. It was uncomfortable... I'm not much for having drunks look over my shoulder!

emdees

I have one nearby that I thought about asking about too. I am still new and have only asked for permission to hunt one place and was turned down so I am a little gun shy. I think there has to be some stuff in them courts.

I did this about 5 yrears ago. Asked an important looking guy for permission and he said yes. Thought "great scoops of lost gold by drunken players waiting". I never did find any jewelry, dug about 40 coins, all recent. But one never knows till they try. I'd sure try more if I knew of any, Steve in so az

Last year I found a surgical steel belly button diamond stud at a sand volleyball court. It had 4 large looking diamonds. Too nice to be real. Probably fakes. Good idea though. The park sand courts usually give little up. I took my friend to one, and wouldn't you know it, HE found a white gold ( platinum) necklace. It was real small and fine though. The only platinum I have ever seen dug from detecting around here. I have only found junk jewelry and lots of thos emetal hair clips, barbie pins or whatever they are called. The guys that rake the courts must find stuff now and then...:yes:

At some of my local beaches they have lots of volleyball nets. I've never found much within the court area and some clad surrounding the court. Even though I don't find much I always give a shot before I move closer to the surf.

Anthony

Back
Top Bottom