Zenith.

Semtav

Elite Member
Ok this has nothing to do with metal detecting but it was my best find of the year.
Always wanted a black dial zenith.
Had an old philco floor model when I was in school. Even listened to the moon landing on it.
So I kinda got hooked on playing with old radios, but never came across one of these. Now I got me one!! KIMG0996.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Nice one - does it work? I have an old Philco model 30, but it stopped working.

Congrats on the recovery, it brings back some great history. Reminds me of my early childhood when a radio like that was in the den and before our first TV. It was the focal point of home entertainment on most evenings. Never did get into the music my parents listened to though. Trapper

Nice one - does it work? I have an old Philco model 30, but it stopped working.

I don't know. I've made a habit of not plugging them in til I've replaced all the capacitors. ( my Philco is a 630)

Congrats on the recovery, it brings back some great history. Reminds me of my early childhood when a radio like that was in the den and before our first TV. It was the focal point of home entertainment on most evenings. Never did get into the music my parents listened to though. Trapper

me either !! songs from the 60's and 70's sound better on these old things !!

I am still driving a car with a vacuum tube radio which is still playing after 64 years. The only thing I've ever had to do with it was replace the capacitors, the vibrator with a solid state one, 1 vacuum tube, and the speaker. There's a lot to be said for old technology.

Ok this has nothing to do with metal detecting but it was my best find of the year.
Always wanted a black dial zenith.
Had an old philco floor model when I was in school. Even listened to the moon landing on it.
So I kinda got hooked on playing with old radios, but never came across one of these. Now I got me one!!View attachment 442909

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Wow! That thing doesn't even have any dirt on it. You cleaned it up nice! How deep was it?

*kidding*

That's a great find, man. Hold onto that one!

Skippy

Now if I could just remember where I stashed my supply of new capacitors 10 yrs ago I'd try it out. MIght be easier to just go buy new ones.

Back
Top Bottom