Where to buy gold coins?

ChrisnAmanda1

Elite Member
So since Amanda and I are getting up there in clad, we decided it would be super cool to turn the clad into gold. I was wondering if anyone would be able to point me in the right direction as to where we should buy them at. Not looking for anything crazy, just a genuine gold coin from a reliable source. Thanks!!

I turn my clad into silver and gold every year and buy almost all of it at coin shows because that's where you get the best price. If there are no coin shows in your area, there are precious metals dealers on the internet that are reliable......JM Bullion is one such seller that I've dealt with. Very Reliable.

I’ve been online, been to the shows, (some dealers are amazed when I show them online prices). I’ve been to the local dealers. They just can’t compete. No one beats Provident Metals online. Except for sometimes maybe APMEX.

Free shipping over $99.

Or, check out comparegoldprices dot com.

I like ‘pre ‘33 gold. Even modern eagles are nice. But, they’re all still only 90%.
Nothing beats a US .9999 fine gold Buffalo.

Last edited:
Find a local dealer that specializes in coins/jewelry and one you can build a relationship with. The local place I go to beats all the online pricing, is close to home, and is a great resource for all precious metal and jewelry. Also no shipping costs. I dont even consider ordering online anymore, even the mint! Spot price is king and of course a small premium for their service.

Find a local dealer that specializes in coins/jewelry and one you can build a relationship with. The local place I go to beats all the online pricing, is close to home, and is a great resource for all precious metal and jewelry. Also no shipping costs. I dont even consider ordering online anymore, even the mint! Spot price is king and of course a small premium for their service.
Can you post their tele#?

On the coin channel they sell Gold double Eagles every night,
they must sell a lot?
Every time I watch that show, those phones are ringing nonstop !! :laughing:

Thank you all for your Input. I greatly appreciate it. Still got a little bit to go but we're getting there. Can't wait to aee this clad turn to gold!

The best place to buy gold coins is at a coin store. There, you can barter for a better price and eliminate shipping charges, otherwise, the only option is on line.

Attachments

• download (5).jpeg
    download (5).jpeg
    12.6 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:

this is ''dead nuts" accurate! one will save money over time, and build "trust" with dealing with one entity. be very careful when buying coins which have numismatic value,because "grading' is subjective, and one person's interpretation can differ form another's interpretation, thus effecting the value of the coin.it is always recommended to purchase "slabbed",or certified coins so there can be no question as to proper grade.
(h.h.!)
j.t.

this is ''dead nuts" accurate! one will save money over time, and build "trust" with dealing with one entity. be very careful when buying coins which have numismatic value,because "grading' is subjective, and one person's interpretation can differ form another's interpretation, thus effecting the value of the coin.it is always recommended to purchase "slabbed",or certified coins so there can be no question as to proper grade.
(h.h.!)
j.t.
How many dealers even stock gold? Not many. But they can order, for a premium. I’ve been to many dealers over the years. Slabs? Why? Numismatic gold is speculative. Bullion follows spot price. Can’t go wrong with bullion.

I usually get my bullion from APMEX. Often directly from eBay. I find it's easier to just order through APMEX on eBay than their site. Plus, I get to use Paypal, and that's 10x more convenient for me.

Skippy

be very careful! "smart money" says buy ONLY "slabbed",or "certified" coins.
grades can be "misinterpreted" by coin dealers when it is time to sell!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Yes, if going for the coin "Grade". But many are good deals just considering the Spot value plus premium.
Many of the gold coins sold in the links I posted are going for about $1600 per troy oz of the actual gold content. Grade doesn't come into the price.

If you want more gold for your money then Bars (bullion) is a better deal.

I have been tempted to buy one of the older Eagle gold coins and maybe I will some day since I find them more interesting than bullion or New minted coins.

How many dealers even stock gold? Not many. But they can order, for a premium. I’ve been to many dealers over the years. Slabs? Why? Numismatic gold is speculative. Bullion follows spot price. Can’t go wrong with bullion.

Yes, if going for the coin "Grade". But many are good deals just considering the Spot value plus premium.
Many of the gold coins sold in the links I posted are going for about $1600 per troy oz of the actual gold content. Grade doesn't come into the price.

If you want more gold for your money then Bars (bullion) is a better deal.

I have been tempted to buy one of the older Eagle gold coins and maybe I will some day since I find them more interesting than bullion or New minted coins.

right IF you are just buying "bullion" you get the "spot" price plus a 'premium"
that's all! no numismatic value.IF you factor grade, and numismatic value, certified,or 'slabbed' coins win on value every time,PLUS you get the value of the gold in the coin too, because of the spot price of gold in that coin as well.point is, you get a "rare" numismatically valuable gold coin, plus you get the "bullion " value! also, one must remember that when "bullion spot drops, your properly graded slab will not lose value due to "rarity"

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Back
Top Bottom