Anyone near Rio Vista, CA ? Demolition site tip:

Tom_in_CA

Elite Member
Bruning park, Rio Vista. To get a basketball court installed exactly here :

38.156539, -121.694388

That's going to require them to chisel / scrape out the turf, in that old park, to prepare to pour the asphalt. Bid date was 5/8. So look for work to possibly begin sometime July ? Looks like an old park in that small town.

Bruning park, Rio Vista. To get a basketball court installed exactly here :

38.156539, -121.694388

That's going to require them to chisel / scrape out the turf, in that old park, to prepare to pour the asphalt. Bid date was 5/8. So look for work to possibly begin sometime July ? Looks like an old park in that small town.

I will check all the tearouts you post for Michigan and send you your 30% :laughing:. But all of these are just to far unless you are sending your private plane to pick me up. :laughing:

I will check all the tearouts you post for Michigan and send you your 30% :laughing:....:

Haha. No doubt Michigan also has some sort of statewide "builders exchange" website.

For CA, $350 p/yr. for membership. All the public works bids get put on there. And you can elect to get the daily updates, that list new bids @ county by county. Sometimes you see things that could spell something for md'ing . Eg.: old-town sidewalk tearouts, turf-scraped to make-way for artificial turf, old-town building teardowns, etc... And can even click into blueprint plans to see exact spec's, etc....

These builders exchanges are just the evolution of what used to be in the backs of newspaper classifieds. Ya know, the small print that no one ever read. Soliciting bids for various public works procurements. Now it's all done via clicks of mouses.

So that in theory: It's getting the best bang for the tax-payer buck. And so that later on, no one can cry "foul" for cronyism, etc... If you're into demolition hunting (eg.: "following tractors"), then it's a good investment to make. I've gotten on my good projects.

It's onerous though, to pour through pages and pages of bid announcement titles each day. To find any that might be interesting. Because, needless to say, 99.5 % of them are nothing that would affect md'ing.

post-script: Don't subscribe to the modern incarnation "nationwide" ones. Some recent ones have popped up over the years, trying to mimic the same thing for subscriber fees.

Instead, find the true builders exchanges that have always-ever had brick & mortar offices. That served this niche from back before 'puters and the 'net. Because in the old days (before easy access to internet) there would have been actual Builder's Coop's walk-in buildings . Where you could go to view blueprint plans, make copies, hold meetings, etc.. Kind of like how a farmer's coop's operate .

As time went on, everything is done by clicks of mouses @ your own office. No more need to go to the common-exchange buildings to view plans for your surrounding counties. So find out what those old-school coops/exchanges were, and the websites that they evolved into. Not the Johnny-come-lately attempts at nationwide.

That's my local park! How very odd to see my little town in someone else's post! Well that was May of 19. January of 20 and they still have not made any move to put in the basketball courts. Will be at this park tomorrow morning early, looks like I'll start hitting the south west corner harder.

... Well that was May of 19. January of 20 and they still have not made any move to put in the basketball courts. ...

Wow, old post. Yes the "wheels of bureaucracy" sometimes turn slowly. From the award date, to the "notice to proceed", to the actual feet-to-the-ground for the contractor, etc... But in this case, that window of time would have long-since passed. Thus another possibility is that the bids came in too high for the planner's budget, so they could elect to "reject all bids" and put the project on hold. I dunno.

If I went back to that listing, sometimes there's followup notations for things like "bid cancelled", or whatever. But if this is your local place, then you could just pop into city public works and ask around. D/t ... of course .... your grade school age son is a basketball buff. So you were wondering "whatever happened to the plans...."

Yeah I was doing some local research for some areas to swing over, and this post popped on goog. Had an account so...
looks like the catholic church across the street directly from the proposed b-ball area was erected in 1862. Bet that area has had some foot traffic! Seems like when I think of looking for history, it's always somewhere else, gold fields, ghost towns... sometimes if I just slow up a bit, I find there's plenty right here.

Back
Top Bottom