Laws and permits

usaf2010.tn

I just moved to the rhineland pfalz state in Germany and would love to get into metal detecting. I am having a hard time finding laws or if I need a permit to detect in the state on private lane or in the palatinate forest. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-A605FN using Tapatalk

As I understand it, the country of germany is divided into states. And each state has slight nuances (if you cared to sleuth deeply enough) in regards to metal detecting. There *might* be a state or two there with "dire sounding verbiage" about cultural heritage, blah blah.

But the md'ing forums show & tells never-lack for show & tell from Germany. Hence .... obviously not an issue *in general*. I mean, it would not be unlike the USA, where .... sure ... you can find "dire sounding laws" for certain types land (NPS, etc...). But as we all know, there's no lack of places to detect here. So too does it appear to be for Germany.

If you really want to knock yourself silly about possible individual states there that have the dire-sounding verbiage, just : a) detect private farmer's land with permission (like they do 99% of the time in British hunting) which is outside the scope of laws that apply to public land, or b) cross the border to the next state to detect.

Also be aware, that if you want to fret this to the umph degree, that a lot of the European laws dealing with cultural heritage (antiquities) are not concerning themselves with "modern" stuff. And humorously, in Europe , a coin that is 500 yrs. old is sometimes not thought of as antiquities , blah blah. Ok, gee, you're just looking for "new" stuff, right ?

Bottom line is: There's no shortage of md'rs in Germany. Hence obviously/apparently not an issue. Just avoid obvious historic sensitive monuments and archie conventions.

Back
Top Bottom