I finished a project I've been working on for a month or so and am legit proud :)

mrhelton

I hope this is the right place to post this.

I've been hitting a cellar hole in my town belonging to one of the earliest settlers of the area. There are lakes and parks named after him, and I've spent the last month gathering his personal belongings from the extremely pounded site. There aren't a lot of cellar holes where I live, and there are an unusually high number of detectorists, so competition is fierce.

Anyway, I finally made the box today and put it all together. The note on the inside of the lid is all of the information that I could find on the man and his family, gathered from the internet and from my local library. He was born in 1822 and came to Michigan in the 1840s. These items were very likely last touched by himself or his family. What an amazing piece of local history, I'm super proud to have put it all together :)

Attachments

• DSC_0001_small.jpg
    DSC_0001_small.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 221
Very cool! I've been meaning to put one of these shadow boxes together, maybe this winter.:roll::lol: It's very nicely done and would be sure to catch someones curiosity, congrats.

Back
Top Bottom