My first school hunt

Konadog

Elite Member
The stepdaughter (12) and I started off going somewhere else but it was like a swamp after yesterday's rain so I decided to go hit one of the local newer schools...

I hit one little area about 15'x30' near an entrance/exit and found $1.96,a couple charm trinkets and a 30.06 casing in a couple hours....along with a pocket full of pull tabs/beaver tails and other assorted junk.

another plus....if I ever decide to use live worms as fish bait I know where to go dig as many as I'd want....lol.

Never hunted a school, in fact I rarely hunt parks either. But there is a school fairly close and I might give it a go.

Been doing the soccer/baseball field at a local high school.. saw another guy out there last week and stopped to talk to him.. He had been MD since the 70s and had about 60 quarters in his bag just from a couple of hours there. He's off the the Cape May for the summer and so I figured I would try out the field.. about $14 in 2, 3 hour hunts.. Discriminated out everything but dimes quarters and 50 cents.. found one silver dime not old.. Lot of fun learning how to prob with a screw driver and pop the coin out.. well not to good at the popping part yet.. but most of the coins were just under a 1/2 to 1 inch of grass roots.. and when you pull out 3 at a time it is rather fun!
My other spot (Catholic elementary) gave up about $10 in quarters and dimes.. still lots to do there.. kids drop stuff.. go find it!

Back
Top Bottom