• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Quinceanera Ring?

metalwrkr

Has anybody found a Quinceanera ring? This is a ring given to a (usually) Hispanic girl on her 15th birthday or at a Quinceanera Party. Sort of a "Coming of Age" celebration similar in some respects to Cotillion or "Sweet Sixteen". I have found two so far, a small, lacy 10K one that had been hit by a mower at a city park. Another a few days ago at a school where I had been invited by a friend. The 10K has what are most likely CZ's and the 14K has no stones but is chunkier. The 1.8 gram 10K came up a solid 45 at 1in deep on my ATPro , the larger 3.8 gram 14K came up a solid 67 at 3in deep. This is an interesting cultural aspect that I was only dimly aware of until I researched the first ring!

Attachments

• IMG_1042 (800x600).jpg
    IMG_1042 (800x600).jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 452
  • IMG_1044 (800x600).jpg
    IMG_1044 (800x600).jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 446
Your post is very interesting, I believe we can learn about culture as we identify our finds and this quinceanera ceremony is new to me so thanks for the post.

Here is a dictionary entry:

(in Latin America and among Latinos) a celebration of a girl's fifteenth birthday and her transition from childhood to adulthood, typically involving a mass followed by a party: weddings, baptisms, quinceañeras, birthdays, Christmas, and other holidays are all celebrations that bring families together.
ORIGIN Spanish, feminine of quinceañero ‘fifteen-year-old.’

Great finds. Never heard of a ring being given for that event. Amazing you've found two! Congrats!

Thanks for the comments All!

Danny T: "Your post is very interesting, I believe we can learn about culture as we identify our finds and this quinceanera ceremony is new to me so thanks for the post."

Danny, I agree about the cultural aspect. We can put a money value on anything but the greatest value is how these found objects tie us to our fellow human beings!

Chris Robinson: "Hey Russ, great find your killin me on the ring count this year..."

Chris, you are obviously back! Hope you had a good time. Even a blind hog (Me) finds an acorn! I had a good Guide on this trip. Ace-n-dig250 found the site and did all the permission work (he also found a silver or white gold chain). Are You going to the MD Meeting? PM me.

Back
Top Bottom