Rattlesnake, double 44's, and an oldies spill

TommyJay

Forum Supporter
Several hunts over the last week and a half resulted in some nice finds!

IMG_1012.jpg

I found the pocket watch at the ghost town last week near where a cellar hole was. No guts, and so far I cant see any numbers on it. Later that day we went to a new permission where I scored the 1953D rosie just a few inches down. I also hit the fairgrounds one evening and found the first 1944 quarter just a couple of inches down

20191008_142419.jpg

On Tuesday, I did a solo trip to the biggest park in town. The goodies are deep here since it is a flood plain, and gets regular mowing maintenance. The EMI isnt bad at all, so I crank up the sensitivity to 25, and reduce the recovery to 3 for maximum depth on the 800. The great surprise was the old time spill where I started pulling up wheat, after wheat, and then saw something big and shiny at the bottom which was the 2nd 1944 quarter. Im thinking everything was between 7 and 9 inches deep, and the oldest wheat is a 1934. My first old time coin spill! After I dug that, I found the rattlesnake near where concerts are preformed on the surface. Its got some weight to it, but I doubt its silver.

20191012_153000.jpg

Today I hit the park again, and got a deep varying signal near the pool area. I dug through roots and stuff, and finally found the 1916D wheat penny about 10" deep. My hand is still sore from that one. As I was heading back to me truck, I picked up a nice high tone, and scored the 1917S merc about 6 to 7" down. From the look of what shape its in, Id say it was dropped in the 1920s or 30s.

IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

Thanks for looking, and HH!

Oh !! I like that snake !! When I read the title, I thought you found a real one. This is better. !!

Back
Top Bottom