Heard a cat fight?

metaladdict

Elite Member
Last night in my fence enclosed yard after loud cat screech, I saw a cell phone light? Huh? I let my Boston terrier warn whatever was out there to go:lol:. Turns out my neighbor was in my yard looking for his stray cat that he's trying to befriend. Weird cat people!:shock: Since when was it alright to do this?
Anyway I'm not confrontational and he left.
I heard a knock at the front door and he said sorry.
No big deal , Hope that won't happen again.
Crazy cat people šŸ˜‚???

We have almost the opposite problem. We live in the country, and people must think it is fine to just drop off unwanted cats where our lane meets the road. Never dogs, just cats. I like dogs, I don't like cats.

I'm not sure if it's still the case, but it used to be around here that dogs were required to get rabies shots and licenses, but cats were/are not. Not getting rabies shots for a cat is just irresponsible, if you ask me, especially since dogs are not allowed to run free, while cats are.

My boss had a neighbor who kept rabbits (in cages), and cats would come try to get them. He started live-trapping the cats and taking them to the animal shelter, where the owners would have to pay fees to get them back.

Despite the fact that indoor cats live years longer than outdoor cats, people still turn their cats loose to become the neighbors' problem.

I've always been a dog person, and the only reason I don't have one now is that I'm afraid of having another stroke and with nobody checking up on me, I would want a dog to starve (or worse yet, survive by eating me!) if I had another one.

-- Tom

We have almost the opposite problem. We live in the country, and people must think it is fine to just drop off unwanted cats where our lane meets the road. Never dogs, just cats. I like dogs, I don't like cats.

When I lived in the country Animal Control came to my door. She said that if my dogs didn't have a license by tomorrow I would be fined. "What dogs?" I asked. She said the ones by your mailbox which is a good distance from my house. I looked and saw two strays that someone had dumped in the country. "Those aren't my dogs." I told her. "They are on your property so you are responsible for them." I told her they wouldn't be there the next day. She asked what I meant by that but she never came back. The dogs just wandered on down the road.

<Ā°)))>{

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-08-20-18-32-00.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-08-20-18-32-00.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 474
Cats are killing machines. They kill more birds than anything else. Those same cat lovers don't seem to care about all the birds their cats kill. I like cats but do not want them in My house or my yard.

Dogs are ok, but they leave huge poops outside, and they stink up the house - Iā€™m in peopleā€™s homes every day and I know they have a dog as soon as I step in, sometimes the stink is overwhelming. Dogs are also unpredictable (Iā€™m a service tech, have been bitten numerous times as have my co-workers). I was a dog guy...hated cats with a passion...but now with wife and kids Iā€™m outnumbered and we have two cats.

Cats are killing machines. They kill more birds than anything else. Those same cat lovers don't seem to care about all the birds their cats kill. I like cats but do not want them in My house or my yard.

I don't mind cats either. I don't like them running wild through my yard though. We have a Tom cat that wonders our neighborhood. Not sure who owns it, but it is well fed. My daughter is too trusting of unknown animals. This particular cat has let her pet him in the past. Not this time. We had a long talk about being careful about approaching animals that she doesn't know very well. Lesson learned.

Attachments

• 20190922_155135-600x800.jpg
    20190922_155135-600x800.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 494
I don't mind cats either. I don't like them running wild through my yard though. We have a Tom cat that wonders our neighborhood. Not sure who owns it, but it is well fed. My daughter is too trusting of unknown animals. This particular cat has let her pet him in the past. Not this time. We had a long talk about being careful about approaching animals that she doesn't know very well. Lesson learned.

I hope that doesn't put your daughter off of helping animals. The same thing happened to me years ago. The cat was rubbing up against me, which I thought was a sign of friendliness, but now, I know it just considered me part of its territory and was scent-marking me. I tried to pet it and got scratched. Did you know that cats can fly a good distance when propelled by a large foot?

I don't hate all cats, but I don't trust strays and would never have one for myself. My mother never liked strays, although she had a cat when she was a kid, and it ate her pet canary. We had all sorts of animals (hamsters, gerbils, dogs), but never cats.

-- Tom

Did you know that cats can fly a good distance when propelled by a large foot?

-- Tom

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Too funny. The thought of a cat flying through the air made me laugh. I like indoor cats, but get tired of cleaning up my neighbors cat turds in my raised vegetable beds. Iā€™ve thought many of times what Iā€™d do to that cat if I ever catch it.

Keep an eye on your daughter and those scratches. There is a thing called cat scratch fever.

Thanks. It was actually a bite. I didn't like how it swelled up right after, like she was mildly allergic or something. The doctor told us that cat bites are notorious for getting infected, so she was in antibiotics. It cleared up real quick though. No cat scratch fever. It just broke her little heart, she just couldn't believe that it had bit her.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Too funny. The thought of a cat flying through the air made me laugh. I like indoor cats, but get tired of cleaning up my neighbors cat turds in my raised vegetable beds. Iā€™ve thought many of times what Iā€™d do to that cat if I ever catch it.
Say what?:?: Youā€™re ā€œturning your nose upā€ at free fertilizer? ā€˜Round here we bury fish heads and chicken poop in the beds -

Thanks. It was actually a bite. I didn't like how it swelled up right after, like she was mildly allergic or something. The doctor told us that cat bites are notorious for getting infected, so she was in antibiotics. It cleared up real quick though. No cat scratch fever. It just broke her little heart, she just couldn't believe that it had bit her.

I hope rabies isn't a problem where you live. Around here, it is. If that cat does have an owner, that owner is just plain irresponsible for allowing a cat with that temperment to be wandering around.

My uncle had a cat that bit his foot while being playful, and it got infected. He told the doctor that he thought that cats had cleaner mouths than humans, and the doctor basically called him fool, asking him how many raw mice and bugs he had eaten himself recently. :)

-- Tom

It probably has something to do with dogs being pack animals and group oriented, I've noticed that when you are angry with a dog, they are generally submissive and seemingly apologetic, while cats just give you a "So what?" attitude.

That being said, if your cat is in your house, and its behavior is fine with you, that's your business. If you turn it loose on the neighborhood and it comes into my yard, it becomes my business. I don't have that problem with goldfish owners. :)

-- Tom

Back
Top Bottom