what scoop for mud, rocks?

CrazyWow

I was looking at rtg scoops and saw some say dry sand and wet sand. All i do is local lakes around me.
Does its matter if i am basically scoop mud or hard packed bottoms of the lake. The few i do with rocks it wont matter i ll have to pick them out anyway.
I dont want a stavr or stealth scoop and saw rtg is pretty good. So does it really make a difference if it says wet sand or not? I basically have to dump or swish it around in the water a bunch if i pull out mud right?
I ask because i saw they have smaller scoops for cheaper that supposedly for dry sand only and it cost more for a bigger wet sand one. Unless yall can recommend something else.
Thank you

Stealth 720, end of story. Don't knock it til you try and it and DO NOT cheap out on a scoop. You'll regret it. Just trust me. I hunt some crazy rocky beaches and rivers in CT and it takes some serious abuse. May I ask why you said no stealth and no stavr? Is it because of price? If so, re-read my post.

You should definitely make a floating sifter too.

The stealth to me seems like the tip might bend or break since its not rounded and smooth. I seems angled at the tip. Seems like i might missed the target if it I dont dig down deep. With the smooth one i can skim of the top of the hard packed mud.I just worry about it get messed up diggin in a hard pack mud or clay bottom. The stavr i heard has to come from over seas. I think of rtg as a nice smooth flat surface and it wont get bend cause of the rounded lip.

As for scooping it rocks it will be a rare occasion because theres only one spot i will use out of the bunch. Its mostly ropped of swim beach with little to no sand at the seadch area.

Last edited:
I hunted quite a few rocky and shelly beaches in the past few days and I had no problems with my scoop made of 5mm PVC pipe. I could've spent hundreds on a metal one, but why should I when I can build something sturdy for way less?

Xtreme Scoops, built well in the USA. 10 year warranty and military discount. I have the x2, love it.

Back
Top Bottom