1880's Pocket Watch

HillTopper

Found this Victor pocketwatch (New Haven Clock & Watch Company), circa 1880's today from a civil war veteran's homestead (now a field). The top two pics are the watch I found (obviously :p) and the bottom two are of a complete watch as found on e-bay. My find is casing only (no face or mechanism). GL & HH

Attachments

• ARC-1880sVictorPocketWatch5.jpg
    ARC-1880sVictorPocketWatch5.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 283
Awesome pocket watch nice find. I grew up in Waltham, Ma home of the Waltham Watch Co. and they diverted the Charles River to fix the dam in Waltham for 2-3 weeks about 10 years ago. When they screwed up the gears or face on the pocket watches they threw them out the window into the river and if I knew then what I know now about detecting OHHH boy. A Waltham Watch is on my bucket list.

Awesome find! I love finding Pocket watches. That one seems to be in great condition given the age. :yes:

Awesome pocket watch nice find. I grew up in Waltham, Ma home of the Waltham Watch Co. and they diverted the Charles River to fix the dam in Waltham for 2-3 weeks about 10 years ago. When they screwed up the gears or face on the pocket watches they threw them out the window into the river and if I knew then what I know now about detecting OHHH boy. A Waltham Watch is on my bucket list.

Thanks everybody. It was my first old pocket watch. My first was chinese junk from wal-mart. Dirt diving: oh man, what a shame about missing that opportunity. .. you could have found enough parts to make a complete watch. I thought about restoring mine. I found mechanisms for it on ebay. Hard part would be getting the ring that holds it all in.

Back
Top Bottom