Last Hunt 2010 brings gold and good Karma

Devildog2345

So after the winter storm we just had there was about a two foot cut in the beach at the sheraton. I did pretty good on the day finding six dollars in clad, my second gold ring, two keys, and a little butterfly medallion from a necklace or earring. I also found another wheatie out there. It's my second beach wheatie and it's still in great shape.

The karma comes from a great story. The ring was a men's 10k gold wedding band. It had both the husband and the wife's names engraved in it. I figured the husbands name couldn't have been that common so I decided to try to find them on facebook. Less than 5 mins of searching and I had found the rightful owner. Luckily he had listed who he was married to on facebook. I figured there couldn't be too many couples with that name combination. I emailed them and they told me how they had lost the ring while on vacation to the beach this past summer. I told them how lucky they were the storm came through otherwise it would have been buried under 2 and a half feet of sand. Long story short the ring will be in the mail back to them today if the mail runs. They live all the way on the the other side of the state otherwise I would meet up with them. So it's a great start for both of us and let's hope 2011 brings good karma! It feels good seeing that shiny yellow come up in your scoop but it feels even better returning something so meaningful to the rightful owner.

Attachments

• IMG_0072.JPG
    IMG_0072.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 552
  • IMG_0073.jpg
    IMG_0073.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 548
  • IMG_0074.JPG
    IMG_0074.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 550
  • IMG_0075.jpg
    IMG_0075.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 545
Very Cool!:clapping:
Great research idea w/ facebook!
Thing like this r what keep our hobby going! From the owner of the ring, and all MD'ers... THANKYOU! good karma is right!

Great!!

That is the honest way to do business! you will have positive karma for sure. It looks like a nice ring. I am sure the couple who lost it are very happy. Nice find, and great humanity!

Congrats on the great finds! Great job on the ring rescue and return! WTG! Now you’re guaranteed to have an outstanding 2011. :good:

Way to go!!!!! I love hearing stories of good deeds done by other detectorists. Sure hope 2011 will be a great year for you.:D

Thanks for all the comments. I like being able to show that there are still decent and honest people in this world full of hoodlums.

I know I'm necro'ing this post but I thought I'd update on my so-called Karma. Since returning that ring I have not found any real jewelry, it's all been junk. Granted I did take about 3 years off but I do have a solid year's worth of hunting after returning it. I don't regret returning it but karma sure didn't find it's way to my door step lmao. I need to break this dang dry spell. Either way it does feel great to be getting back into the hobby and have made multiple new friends so there's that. Need to get my butt back in the water!

I know I'm necro'ing this post but I thought I'd update on my so-called Karma. Since returning that ring I have not found any real jewelry, it's all been junk. Granted I did take about 3 years off but I do have a solid year's worth of hunting after returning it. I don't regret returning it but karma sure didn't find it's way to my door step lmao. I need to break this dang dry spell. Either way it does feel great to be getting back into the hobby and have made multiple new friends so there's that. Need to get my butt back in the water!

Your coin find beats most jewelry finds I've seen! But I get it: I prefer to find jewelry, as well...

Its ok... karma is a continuation of beliefs some hang onto like believing in santa claus and the tooth fairy... its a feel good thing but its not reality...:D

Life is odd.... some people can do no wrong and others well.... they are what i call victims... life messes with them constantly no matter what they do.

You have to believe in something....why not karma, better than a lucky pair of underwear.

Man.... a whole year and no rings? Where you hunting in the woods? If its dry hunting its a tuff gig with all the new people who just want to try it. Even a blind squirrel gets a nut now and then.... so everything thats even accidentally found is one less for us. As long as you are still swinging.... you have a chance for that bucket list find you get to keep.

Dew

Life is odd.... some people can do no wrong and others well.... they are what i call victims... life messes with them constantly no matter what they do.

You have to believe in something....why not karma, better than a lucky pair of underwear.

Man.... a whole year and no rings? Where you hunting in the woods? If its dry hunting its a tuff gig with all the new people who just want to try it. Even a blind squirrel gets a nut now and then.... so everything thats even accidentally found is one less for us. As long as you are still swinging.... you have a chance for that bucket list find you get to keep.

Dew

Here is a hypothetical for you Dew... you find grandpa's ring when he was in highschool... you do the research and find which nursing home he is in... :lol: You return it, it makes cable TV and after the party you are driving down the road and a tractor trailer hits you head on... what did karma do for you? It put you in that situation :laughing: Believe in whatever makes you feel good ;) Skills make us find gold not karma.

My girlfriend had a Red Karma. When she left me for another guy with a Camaro she took her Karma and my jewelry with her:lol:

Attachments

• karmann ghia.jpg
    karmann ghia.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 150
Skills and good equipment increases your chances..... but plain dumb luck seems to be my best friend.:laughing: I have to believe in Santa man because once the grand kids find out the truth....... well then they just give you a list of what they want under the tree. Anything else isnt appreciated.

Dew

Back
Top Bottom