Finally a Gold Ring for the noob :)

user6244

Well finally the detector gods blessed me with a bit of gold today.

First gold ring ever for me.

Kinda small but it's gold and I'll take it :grin:

Well, I can see that you're definitely addicted to this hobby, which guarantees that there will be more gold in your future :yes::lol: Congratulations on a nice first ring!

Foiled

Congrats on your first gold User6244 :waytogo: You'll get allot of high K stuff over there. There are quite a few guys hunting beaches in Korea so maybe not a good idea to give away your beach location, you could be kicking yourself later :yes:

Very good start with the 18K and video, looking forward to your next vid brother :yes:

Awesome first, congrats! And yes, don't give away your location, you'd be surprised how many will watch that video for info...

Thanks a Bunch

Hey thanks for all the congrats and compliments.

I know one thing that gold don't come easy for sure just as in when out panning for gold it is a lot of work.

I posted the vid and yeah some folks in Korea may go have a look, I spent nearly the whole afternoon before I found a location that turned up a ring, there is a lot of ground to cover some areas you might expect to find heavy items just doesn't work here.

I have met a few or at least 7 folks in korea that metal Detect, 5 I met on Daecheon Beach , 1 at Naksan, and another just south of that beach. I also know of one that posts on you tube and I think he is down in Busan area. I am sure there are more but not like i see in the states or videos of folks in the states.

I am in it for the fun, it is a hobby, I dont expect to get rich or quit my day job anytime soon, so I don't mind stating where I have been , as there are just far to many beaches and nearly all of them heavily used in the summer and no possible way I could detect them all effectively.

I also noticed another thing many of these folks ,well at least 5 guys i met had ctx3030 units with large hoops they will have a especially difficult time in some areas high in targets which was the case in the location I found the ring, everything was popping up with the high ID numbers I even had to switch to my smallest hoop for the AT pro when I got into this mess.

I watched these guys as well and they are mostly working the low tide line or the towel line, I have not had much luck in low tide line area on any beach so far, as for the towel line only came up with alot of clad and Soju bottle tops and pull tabs, remnants of fireworks, etc etc

Anyways I would welcome them to join in the fun, maybe even have a end of day loot display, over dinner , then do more night detecting....

Oh nearly forgot one thing since it has gotten colder, those guys I mentioned, I have not seen anyone at all detecting but my looney self and just couples/teens/school mates on the beach day and night so even that limits the competition to a degree.

planning for another beach this weekend

Weather here is warming up some today actually have rain instead of snow.
My anniversary is coming up and told the wife we are going to the beach (seafood dinner)and overnight stay and I am going to try and find some more gold somewhere in the middle of that.:detector:

Having said that.

My wife mentioned to me about taking my finds :bling: and making jewelry for herself:jawdrop:

I was thinking of or hoping to collect sale then upgrade equipment :?::realitycheck::snapoutofit:

Is this some type of hidden tax that must be paid to be allowed to hunt in peace ?

I am thinking or leaning towards this as a fee that must be paid with a smile on your face........heheh oh man....sniff.:surrender:

Back
Top Bottom