Not for the lack of trying

GroundSweeper

Forum Supporter
Seems to be a lull in finds for the year. Been getting out on my lunch hours and early morning pre-work hunts, mixed in with the odd weekend hunt or camping hunt here and there.

Mostly dirt hunting with a few if not a couple water hunts.

Slim pickings out there around me!

This morning I thought I had turned that around with a little gold heart locket, 14K GF.... doh! Tru-Kay maker. Found the exact design online saying it was from the 50's, but who knows (or cares :lol:)

A week or so ago found an 18K gold ring with amethyst.... 18K HGE...

I did find some 925...but the mower beat me too it and I only found two little pieces of a thick earring loop.

Not discouraged, just haven't been posting up the pictures of 65¢ hunts and a ton of can slaw :lol:

Have been finding a silver here and there in the coinstar, this morning was a 1968 Canada dime.

Hoping to turn things around in the lakes when I can get to them.

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_2190.JPG
    IMG_2190.JPG
    195 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_2191.JPG
    IMG_2191.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_2188.JPG
    IMG_2188.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_2189.JPG
    IMG_2189.JPG
    164.4 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_2193.jpg
    IMG_2193.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:
Great finds Jeff! Usually I give my kids the junk jewelry. They don't know the difference, its all treasure in their eyes :laughing: good luck on the second half of the year! Im sure something really nice will show up eventually! HH!

Great finds Jeff! Usually I give my kids the junk jewelry. They don't know the difference, its all treasure in their eyes :laughing: good luck on the second half of the year! Im sure something really nice will show up eventually! HH!

Thanks Jeff. Yeah the locket cleaned up nicely and my 9 year old daughter will probably like it :).

Still some good finds......

Thanks V, the locket is actually pretty nice quality considering, and the first one I've found that doesn't fall apart when opened :lol:

GFE...always leads tom a broken heart! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Rather find GF over HGE but dangit I'm after the real deal!

It must be going around too..

Ugh...

<°)))>{

Just got to get these out of the way to make room for the real gold to come!

Congrats on the sterling scraps and the rest...much better than digging nothing!

Totally, been enjoying the detecting time!

Those are still cool finds! Congrats! :)

Thanks X. Today I found an Australian 10¢ coin in a ballfield! :lol:

A few good finds there, and good luck ahead for the year. I hope the silvers and other prime finds start making their way to you.

Last edited:
Job well done! Funny, I too have been going out lately and just hitting just clad coins and trash. I always think while out on a hunt: "I hope my finds today will warrant a post on the forum!" Ha ha

A few good finds there, and good luck ahead for the year. I hope the silvers and other prim finds start making their way to you.

Thanks MD!

Job well done! Funny, I too have been going out lately and just hitting just clad coins and trash. I always think while out on a hunt: "I hope my finds today will warrant a post on the forum!" Ha ha

No kidding!

I have been working my self silly trying to find any precious metal. At the beach a couple of times a week for 4 to 6 hours and can not get the coil over anything other than the very rare piece of sterling. Just not finding the good stuff like I have in the past.

Finding enough clad to pay for the gas I burn getting to the beach and back but not even as much as in the past.

There are certainly enough potential donors on my beaches but either they are not losing stuff or I have lost my touch.

Nice group of finds and glad to hear you've been pulling stuff from the coinstar. My son and I have been doing well with our local coinstar machine too.

I have been working my self silly trying to find any precious metal. At the beach a couple of times a week for 4 to 6 hours and can not get the coil over anything other than the very rare piece of sterling. Just not finding the good stuff like I have in the past.

Finding enough clad to pay for the gas I burn getting to the beach and back but not even as much as in the past.

There are certainly enough potential donors on my beaches but either they are not losing stuff or I have lost my touch.

Exactly what I'm talking about! I think it's just the calm before the storm of golds! :pirate:

Nice group of finds and glad to hear you've been pulling stuff from the coinstar. My son and I have been doing well with our local coinstar machine too.

Thanks Jam! Yeah my kids literally RUN and race to the reject bin at the store :lol: me I try and be a little more stealthy about it.

Back
Top Bottom