pulled some bucket listers

Tpmetal

Elite Member
So just got back from a vacation camping. I hunted an old saw mill/logging camp along a spring fed creek. I was using the 7inch dd for the mxs, which I absolutely love by the way. This coil has routinely surprised me by the way, in both sorting and depth. Anyway I was tickling an very old foundation that was only around 5x10 feet in size. At first I pulled a nice small crotal bell from the outside wall of the foundation about 15" down, my first one ever and it is filly intact! Next I move to inside the foundation after finding a few old files and an a few ox shoe halfs. Along the wall again on the inside the mxs just starts going nuts, just blabbering great signals 67-90 with one sweep across a 2 foot area. Almost thought I broke my detector for a minute. I continue swinging and changing sensitivity figuring I'm getting some kind of interference or theres a pile of nails or something screwing with me. I cranked it down and it just cleared up the signals... i cranked it up and it just added MORE signals to the single sweep. So I start digging and about 12 inches down out pops another bucket lister, my first large cent! Im so excited until i get a good look after a careful rinse... but lone and behold the soil here EATS stuff alive and its pretty worthless. I keep after it and I ended up pulling FOUR MORE from that Same Spot!!! All shot though. Now I'm wondering where did that 90's signal come from? low and slow over the same spot and I'm picking up the 90s signal just barely and start digging DEEEP. I get down to around 16 to 18 inches And then MY HEART STOPS and I look around in disbelief holding my best bucket lister to date an 1841 0 seated half!!! Its roasted as well, but I'll take it. The soil there was just brutal on everything, I included come modern clad I found that gives you a good idea what it does to stuff. Went back the next day and squeezed out 2 more largies. I love this machine..... it might start competing with my kid for my favorite thing in life if I'm not careful..... I'll try and get better pics of the half later....so toasty for silver.

Attachments

• 20170719_213704.jpg
    20170719_213704.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 378
  • 20170712_192227.jpg
    20170712_192227.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 363
  • 20170719_213548.jpg
    20170719_213548.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 367
Years of saw mill, bare land, and cedar and pines made some awful soil haha

That's a lot of coppers in one spot. Wow! Congrats on the Seated half. I'm amazed at how many of those have been posted on the forums in the last 6-12 months...sadly none by me though!

The 90 you were getting was due to the multiple coppers in the hole. Your MXS never saw the Half at 16-18 inches.

Great finds. I am dying to find a seated half - almost as much as Walker. I suspect I will find the seated before I find the walker.

The 90 you were getting was due to the multiple coppers in the hole. Your MXS never saw the Half at 16-18 inches.

Great finds. I am dying to find a seated half - almost as much as Walker. I suspect I will find the seated before I find the walker.

The 90's signal was still there though, why else would I keep digging? It also dissapeared after the half was out of the hole, and dissapeared when the hole was open. I went back after it once I had filled in from all the copper signals, and it was there again. It was faint and jumpy as all get out, but still enough to make me keep searching. If you saw the size of the halo in the white clay and dirt you would understand.

Back
Top Bottom