Lost my pinpointing mojo this weekend.

pocketspill

Elite Member
This weekend had a very simple theme.

Empty holes.

I verified that my Sun-Ray is working. Tried the E-Trac pinpointer as well as the "back off" pinpointing method. Still, dug at least 10 holes with high tones at 8"... and the coin wiggled away. I was chasing repeatable peeps more than usual.

I did manage one worn 1920 merc and a handful of early wheats. And I guess I did get a lot of practice in creating...clean...holes...:mad:

FRUSTRATING!

It's the little mole running around under there with the silver dime in his teeth, it happens to me sometimes:lol:you got the Merc he dropped...

I have dug more than my share of nasty looking holes chasing after silver coins. It seems that really worn mercs do not pinpoint well at all in my area. I actually walked away from a hole 3 times because I couldn't find the target. I finally decided to go back and not leave until I located the target. Glad I did because it was a very worn 37 merc at 7 inches deep.

Sometimes silver is sneaky that way. :lol:

G2M

I have been using a larger coil lately and I am still getting used to pinpointing with it.

On a couple occasions I dug my original plug and then had to "mole" over to my intended target.

I am attributing this to not paying close enough attention to what I am doing.

Nice find! Sounds like me chasing a rivet or a pesky 22 short around an iron field. ....HH.... 401K

i get the super fine high tone finished buy what i call a door slam.. it is always a rusty nail.:mad: i have almost given up on non repeatable signals. then there is the piece of copper tube that comes in 12-47/50 can i say that one get me EVERY time. :frustrated::dash2::twister:

Back
Top Bottom