• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Whites Surfmaster

KingDarien

I keep seeing a Surfmaster PI Pro and Surfmaster PI Pulse. I'm sure someone has already asked this, but what exactly is the difference between the two? Are they actually different models? If they are two different models, does anyone know what the major capability differences are? Please humor me if this question has already been asked.
Thanks.

I don't know anything about the Surfmaster other than I heard it's not as good as the PI PRO.... I own the PI PRO and I love it... I have owned it just under 11 months and I wouldn't trade it for any detector out there :) its found me 138 rings in those 11 months so far :yes:

I may be mistaken on calling them the "PRO" and "Pulse". All I know is that I keep seeing two different Surfmasters: One w/ a yellow box and one w/ a purple box. I am also seeing different coil styles (at least 3) that each say "Surfmaster", but are different colors and have different writing on them. Any ideas?

You're correct... the purple box is the older model they are not as good as the current model.. my coil is yellow and black some weighted coils are yummy yellow... guys cal it that because the PI produces an electrical pulse that sounds like dying injured fish to predators lol... makes me want to go into deep murky water... how about you lol...

There's several Surfmaster models. Surfmaster II is VLF with discrimination aimed at the fresh water detectorist. The same control box/stem etc was used for the P.I. models introduced 1992 or 93.
The original model had the advantage of less cross re enforcement so if rechargables were used a ten cell battery holder could be used instead of the standard eight cell.
The next version could only take eight cells.
Bill Crabtree started to do a modified version with increased sensitivity and I suppose because so many were sending in their Surfmasters for upgrade that Whites finally responded and improved the sensitivity of the standard version. This became the PI Pro.
So you could buy an older Surfmaster cheap and have Bill upgrade it to the later spec.

Back
Top Bottom