juit

Elite Member
IMG_6128_zpsjzd2a5j8.jpg

tired of my foam grip went to walmart bought a bycicle grip

IMG_6211_zpspyqovsec.jpg

got my ugly repaired foam out clean the shaft

IMG_6209_zps1y86mvze.jpg

IMG_6207_zpsfhz6pqfs.jpg

put some hand soap inside the grip and just push it all the way, for me I let it a lil off set to the left because its an ergo grip and felt it was more comfortable that way

I hope this helps feels awesome :)

Last edited:
Looks nice they hold up quite well. I put one on my AT Pro two years ago no problem with it.

I like the grip on the Max. The bike grip above looks good too.

when I used to ride motorcycles I found a set of comfortable motorcycle grips that I used on one of my old detectors. I smeared it with glue, filled the grip with gasoline and slipped the grip on. The gasoline evaporated and the grip never slipped. That's how we used to replace them on our cycles.

I need to do this to my ATP. I sent a message to Garrett asking if they'll make the AT Max grip available for sale, but no response. This looks great and is probably cheaper than a stock grip. Good on ya!

when I used to ride motorcycles I found a set of comfortable motorcycle grips that I used on one of my old detectors. I smeared it with glue, filled the grip with gasoline and slipped the grip on. The gasoline evaporated and the grip never slipped. That's how we used to replace them on our cycles.

Those of us that were married used Hair spray on new grips. It will allow it to slide on and hold it in place just fine without a complete mess of everything. They are easier to adjust or take off without ruining the grip with hair spray.

Back
Top Bottom